Hello Guest

Suzuki Samurai Windshield Wiper - Adding a Relay

• 1 Replies

Suzuki Samurai Windshield Wiper - Adding a Relay
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:08:35 AM »
Hey Everyone

I have looked just about everywhere but it doesnt seem that anyone has done this yet, at least in a write up.  I am going to add a relay to my wipers and I am looking for a little bit of help to make sure I get it done right.  It appears that the main motor power wire is though the Yellow Wire with Blue Stripe and that is where I would need to add the relay.  Is my thinking correct?  Take a look at the diagram.

Online fordem

Re: Suzuki Samurai Windshield Wiper - Adding a Relay
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:07:31 PM »
What do you hope to achieve by adding a relay?
How will it improve the operation of the wiper?

A relay is a switch - a switch that is controlled by an electric current.
There are two common uses for relays in cars, the first is to allow a computer to switch a circuit on or off - for example the fuel pump - and the second is to allow a low current switch to control a high current load - for example, the horn or fog lights.

There are three yellow/blue wires in that diagram, that "disappear" off to the left so we have no idea what they are connected to, or even if they connect to one another - my guess (based on the diagram for my vehicle) is that they do supply power to the wiper system, and that the one connected to the motor is only used to "park" the wipers when it is switched off.

I don't see how adding a relay/switch to that wire would improve the operation of the wiper in any way, I could however see it making things worse - like the wipers no longer parking automatically or maybe not even working at all.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny