Hello Guest

ZUK-N-OVATIONS Geo Tracker - Project Four Seasons SXS Build

• 6 Replies

Offline Froadr

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
ZUK-N-OVATIONS Geo Tracker - Project Four Seasons SXS Build
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:07:24 AM »
I don't post often but I figured the internet could use more modified Tracker/Sidekick photos. Here is our latest ZUK-N-OVATIONS build.

The objective with this build was to create an alternative to the somewhat expensive belt driven side by sides which have dominated the off road market. A few guys on our team had some modified Kawasaki Teryx 4 UTV's which oddly enough have roughly the same overall dimensions as the Geo Tracker. As a test we decided to do a custom build to create a budget Tracker version of a side x side.

The results of our build were exactly what we had hoped. We had created a reliable, 4 wheel drive, 1.6L UTV that could go anywhere the Teryx could go for half the cost. The real beauty of the Tracker is that it still has both AC and heating, is completely street legal and will hold 75 down the highway!

Step one was to buy DOT approved UTV tires (28" Kanati Mongrels) and see how the Geo handled them. The results were so good that we decided the build was definitely worth pursuing. We added a Low Range Off Road 2" Spacer Lift to gain just a bit of ground clearance without sacrificing ride quality.

From there we decided the stock dash was just not going to work. If we were going to create a rig that really felt and drove like a side x side, we need the driver to have a better cockpit to work from. The dash was ripped out while maintaining all of the standard controls and equipment. We built a very tight custom cage then followed it up with a laser cut dash assembly to give it a one of a kind look and feel.

From there we added some simple custom build bumpers to bring the whole look together.

I've got plenty more photos if you're interested. 

Offline WVzuk

Re: ZUK-N-OVATIONS Geo Tracker - Project Four Seasons SXS Build
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »
Very cool.  I often ask myself why I don't see more modded track/kicks on the road.  They make perfect sense for an alternative to the side by sides you have to tow to the trail.  Mines a 4door but similarly modded plus a winch and snorkel.
Do you plan on adding lockers?  A rear one really helps.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:11:49 PM by WVzuk »
1994 4dr Sidekick: 3inch Zukination lift, 30x9.50 mud tires, snorkel, ARB rear locker, homemade bumpers

Offline carolinarigman

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Very cool.  I often ask myself why I don't see more modded track/kicks on the road.  They make perfect sense for an alternative to the side by sides you have to tow to the trail.  Mines a 4door but similarly modded plus a winch and snorkel.
Do you plan on adding lockers?  A rear one really helps.
[/

How does that locker do in heavy snow?                                                 quote]

Offline OCTracker

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:58:01 PM »
Nice project.  I'd like to see more photos.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
Interesting cage work inside. I like your design elements on the center panel... Thanks for sharing!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »
Cool rig, I'm sure you're not the only one with that idea. Are you going to replace the seats with something a little more waterproof, or put some covers over them? The cloth looks a little out of place on a "side by side". Weld up the rear diff and see where you can't get with that!
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:31:52 AM »
Interesting cage work inside. I like your design elements on the center panel... Thanks for sharing!

-Eric
I agree Eric, he spent some time with a bender, and did an impressive job of it.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.