Hello Guest

Rear brake backing plates for 10.25 drums - 97 Sport - same as 1.6L 4dr ??

• 1 Replies

Offline thebanjoman

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
I need someone with more knowledge than I to help me out

My rear brake backing plates on my 97 Sidekick Sport are rusted to the point where they have holes in them around the edges.  They will not pass inspection.

I'm trying to locate a set of used ones but I need to know if the same 10.25 drums for the 1.6L and the 1.8L Sidekick models are the same.

A parts check of both brake shoes and drums list the SAME part numbers from several manufacturers so I want to say YES but I could use some confirmation.

Does anybody have an answer to my question?

If they are it will make searching much easier for them having a greater selection. 

Seems the minute you start talking SPORT the $$ automatically goes up!!

Thank you.

Offline thebanjoman

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Rear brake backing plates for 10.25 drums - 97 Sport - same as 1.6L 4dr ??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:51:08 AM »
I need someone with more knowledge than I to help me out

My rear brake backing plates on my 97 Sidekick Sport are rusted to the point where they have holes in them around the edges.  They will not pass inspection.

I'm trying to locate a set of used ones but I need to know if the same 10.25 drums for the 1.6L and the 1.8L Sidekick models are the same.

A parts check of both brake shoes and drums list the SAME part numbers from several manufacturers so I want to say YES but I could use some confirmation.

Does anybody have an answer to my question?

If they are it will make searching much easier for them having a greater selection. 

Seems the minute you start talking SPORT the $$ automatically goes up!!

Thank you.

Once again answering my own question.

The 10 inch rear brake backing plates for a 4 door Gen 1 will work, Sport or not.

Trail Tough had a "rust free" set and they are on their way.

Once installed they will probably be the ONLY 'rust free' thing on this beast...  ;-(