Hello Guest

A Weekend Millican Trail System Adventure Anyone?

• 24 Replies

Offline glennanderson

• Silver Samurai.
    • Glenn's Web Site
A Weekend Millican Trail System Adventure Anyone?
« on: November 20, 2003, 02:54:10 AM »
In the Spring of 2004 the rest of the Millican Trail System will re-open, (some of the trails are now closed for the winter). I purchased a Cabin on 20 Acres in the middle of the trail system this summer (no utilities) and I would love to host a group for a weekend of trail running and site seeing. We have a little room inside for sleeping, and can clean out the shop for camping inside, others have 20 acres to set up their tents. We spent last weekend exploring the trails and put on 50-60 miles per day. Stock rigs have no problems getting around this beautifull country. We could also visit the Pine Mountain Observitory and other interesting places we still have to discover. All the Holiday weekends are booked for me, so we will look for a weekend date late spring or sometime in the Fall to stay out of the high desert heat and DUST. Let me know what you think.

Zook-On!

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: A Weekend Millican Trail System Adventure Anyo
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 04:38:21 AM »
Where is the Millican Trail System?
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline glennanderson

• Silver Samurai.
    • Glenn's Web Site
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 05:14:20 AM »
Millican is about 25 Miles East of Bend Oregon on Hyw-20.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 05:23:49 AM by glennanderson »

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 12:12:22 AM »
Wrong end of the country :'(
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 03:18:15 PM »
I am interested in such a trip and am sure it would be fun i am located in snohomish county Washington so bend is roughley 250 miles from my porch more details would be needed.How about a suggestion?how about sometime in May or late April good time of the year!well let me know thanx.
"Sooo What shop built your rig?"hahahahhahahah    www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607888/1

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 04:11:43 PM »
Sounds good to me, send me a private message when you get close to having one, (I don't check this forum that often) I'm in so. oregon about 170 miles from there if you have a gps give us the lat. and log. so we can get a look at the place from space! Dennis.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.

Offline ksa421

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 02:54:24 PM »
I would also be interested, I'm going to school at SOU in Ashland so it wouldnt be very far, so let me know
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 01:14:54 PM by ksa421 »
'90 Kick, Calmini 6" lift, 32x10.50 Pro Comps, Calmini bumper, 8000lb winch, 1.6l VW TD;

Offline ksa421

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2003, 01:15:59 PM »
is this a Zuk only adventure? or is open to other makes as well? I have a buddy who might want to and my dad might want to bring his jeep.

Thanks Jacob
'90 Kick, Calmini 6" lift, 32x10.50 Pro Comps, Calmini bumper, 8000lb winch, 1.6l VW TD;

Offline glennanderson

• Silver Samurai.
    • Glenn's Web Site
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 04:02:24 AM »
Sounds like the late April to early June time frame would work best. I was up there this past weekend, it was just wet on Saturday, then Snowed all night. What a beautifull drive out on Sunday Morning!

In reguards to the non-Zuks... I wonder if Eric would care to comment... Chime in.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 10:48:53 AM »
Sounds like the late April to early June time frame would work best. I was up there this past weekend, it was just wet on Saturday, then Snowed all night. What a beautifull drive out on Sunday Morning!

In reguards to the non-Zuks... I wonder if Eric would care to comment... Chime in.

Hi Glenn,

This is an interesting question in a couple of ways. First off, I'm super happy you're using the board to hook up with fellow zuk-e-teers. As far as if you're setting up a run, I don't really have to have any say in it. :)

I will say though that if I had my druthers, I'd like to see Suzuki only. I feel that it definitely adds to the experience and the specialness of it when all the people are on the same page. We can all go out any weekend and wheel with 'those other people.' :) So, let's make a few special times just for us.

So what ever you set up Glenn, I'll try to attend, help put on, and if I can contribute in some way. The only exception would be if you have a pile of full size wheelers [big broncos, blazers, big three pickups...] showing up, that would be a negative... :(

-Eric
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 01:10:06 AM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ksa421

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2003, 07:45:21 PM »
Not a problem I understand, I was just curious. I am still interested in going, so let me know.

Offline kahless92

• Here we call it liquid sunshine!!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 10:08:09 AM »
would this area be good for the novice with a stock sidekick?

Offline glennanderson

• Silver Samurai.
    • Glenn's Web Site
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 01:37:27 PM »
This is a perfect area for novices and stock rigs. We took a freind out with a stock Samurai in November, and he had a blast. We will plan a stop at a "PLAY AREA" for thoes that want to mess around a little. I am not sure what is more fun, doing or watching, maybe both.
My wife does'nt like the 155 mile drive fom our home to our cabin in our Samurai much, so we bought a nice 1998 Tracker 4-Dr to make the trip more comfortable, but it goes great on the trails.
One day that Tracker will make a nice off roader too!
Don't tell my wife!

Offline kahless92

• Here we call it liquid sunshine!!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2003, 01:08:24 AM »
Me and the boys are in just give us the details.
See ya there

Offline van7559

• I'll Leave Tracks All Over Your As$
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2003, 01:35:19 PM »
anyone know how far that is roughly from colorado Springs, if it isn't to far I am game. I have little to no experience, but have a love for zukis and a tracker with slight mods.
95' Kick with a 3 in. body lift and plenty more to come!