Hello Guest

Pre Rockstar frame mods.

• 3 Replies

Offline whitfield

• 4-dr Kick on 34's
Pre Rockstar frame mods.
« on: July 16, 2005, 02:44:17 PM »

I just noticed this picture on the RPM site.

Looks similar but I'm sure it is an older picture.   I like it,  Looking seriously at the similar frame mods.  I'd probally just use a donor frame under the shaved stocker.  More weight but I can save the factory mounts and still qualify in comps.

I began cutting sheetmetal on the 1998 Daily driver today...  :o    Just couldn't stand it bone stock on 205x75-15's any  longer.
Old Dog looking to learn some new tricks. 

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
Re: Pre Rockstar frame mods.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 02:46:54 PM »
[img width=585 height=400]I began cutting sheetmetal on the 1998 Daily driver today...  :o    Just couldn't stand it bone stock on 205x75-15's any  longer.
dude!  you can't say that without any pics!!!!

Stu

Offline whitfield

• 4-dr Kick on 34's
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 04:04:14 PM »
Their coming, Hopefully by mid next week it will be presentable.  So far I've only worked the front.

It is only a modest trim since it is still a DD.    I've got no pictures of this truck or the work.   Camera issues  :(

Still enough where the Wife is gonna have the big one when she see's it.   It's the newest thing we own. 

It looked like this (Below, Same color & trim) but stock, ugly, with worn out tires and steel rims, 91 grill and no front bumper.  It was bought from a fix it up lot for cheap.  82k 4wd auto, light hit in the front right for $1k.  I put 10k miles on it stock. Inspect is due and rear tires are bald.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 04:09:03 PM by whitfield »
Old Dog looking to learn some new tricks. 

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 10:29:20 PM »

I just noticed this picture on the RPM site.

This rig has a custom frame from 10 inches behind the strut tower all the way to the back. This rig was what the rockstar was loosly based on.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown