Hello Guest

Help needed with greenpeace!

• 19 Replies

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
Re: Help needed with greenpeace!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 08:34:08 AM »
I would have made 100-200(or more) copies of the flyer and threw them all over the place,...everywhere. It's funny, greenpeace trying to make the world a better place by making hopeless flyers out of "paper"

Offline zaggy

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 08:46:52 AM »
Soap Box time.............

I'm with "mystickiss", prove them wrong, question their education and ethics and use their own tactics against them.

GreenPeace succeeds because they have found the way to organize, motivate and operate as a political force. While I don't agree with alot they do, you have to admire their ability.
     At the "Right" side of the scale, the NRA does the same thing and I don't necessairly agree with everything they do etheir.

4X4 guys want more trails/offroad sites/ respect.....learn from them........

If, for example, just the folks on this board added up what they have spent on their rigs, modifications, cost to travel to events, it would be 10-20 MILLION dollars. Multiply that by the number of 4X4 groups....HUNDREDS of MILLIONs of $$$$$$$ and how many hundreds or thousands of jobs........

Now jam that in front of a politician as a united, organized front and watch the action you will get!!!!!!!!!

The independance that guys in the whole automotive game value so highly often works against us politically.......Organize, Motivate and act as a United Political Force and you will get change.........

Till then GreenPeace and other special interest groups are in the drivers seat and the only thing an individual can do is be like "mystickiss", be a sniper, Question/Question/Question and
very politely don't take their non sense without giving it back...nicely.

Off the soap box

Thanks I've vented now

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 07:53:14 PM »
The 100th of 1 percent minority gets
the floor while the majority is told to
go away. Fringe groups like this get
stupid stuff and laws passed because
of what the public thinks they stand for,
not what is really going on. 

These people would have all of the great
outdoors closed off to everyone, except
themselvs, just because they think that's
the way nature is supposed to be, and
only they are informed enough to be out
there.

Like the endangered Spotted Owl, and it
"needs old growth" trees to breed, as someone
spots one in the "O" of a roadside dinner sigh

Or like the infomercial I saw in which they
claim the logging industry cuts down Old Growth
trees to make disposable paper products.

So when was the last time you ate off of Redwood
Paper Plates, or wipped yourself with Cedar Toilet Paper
???

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 10:24:49 PM »
hmmm... cedar toilet paper... I like the sound of that! you might be on to something!!! ;D ;)
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

Offline Guardrail

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 10:30:14 PM »
I couldn't agree more with all the responses i've seen here.  But there is one good thing that has come from Greenpiece (of poo-poo).  Tread Lightly and groups like them are our response to Green peace and are out to show the world that you can use the outdoors responsibly.  It is up to us not only to make our voices known at the ballot box, but to give the public a reason to believe in us as well.  We need to make our voice a credible one so that Green Peace begins to look like the environmental wackos that they really are.  Public opinion and a voice with the law makers, as well as responsible 4wheeling will get us the results we desire. :)
Can he say that here
Later,
Guardrail