Hello Guest

hey guys just wanted to say hello from fresno.

• 2 Replies

Offline mohave76

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
hey guys just wanted to say hello from fresno.
« on: July 27, 2005, 08:15:24 PM »
been lurking around for a little and thought i'd say hi.  kick ass site you got here.  i just saved an '87 samurai that frankly had been neglected.  new clutch, carb, radiator, cat, shocks and  tune up. had it for 6 months before decided to take it for its maiden (for me anyhow) trek.  Being that i live in central california (fresno) i took her up some jeep trails, well at about 9,400' elevation she stalls on me, thank God it was all downhill back to camp cause i put it in neutral and coasted until she started up again at around 7500'.  since thats the only place i'm gonna use her i figure i should do a permanent fix. one of my buddies told me to mount an exhaust temp gauge and install a vacum control valve on the intake manifold and open it up when she starts running cool.  any one have any experience with this? what do you take on the mod for the exhaust?  thanks in advance

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
Re: hey guys just wanted to say hello from fresno.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:35:21 PM »
Welcome aboard mohave76
But can't help ya much on the higher Elavations tho.
But I'm sure somebody Well know
Soon ;D
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
Re: hey guys just wanted to say hello from fresno.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 09:43:28 PM »
Howdy, on your carb if it is stock and all of the vacuume hose's are all hook back up correctly there is an altitude compensator on the fire wall next to the battey, smack it with a hammer maybe and see if it helps, on the exhaust replace the pipe from the castiron manifold to the tip of the tail pipe with 2" pipe and a magna flow muffler, the stock down pipe is double wall and will collapse on the inside over time (not good)I would like to have a pyrometer myself I think that would be a good thing to have, have fun.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.