Hello Guest

Goin to Browns Camp; Which tire to run?

• 4 Replies

Offline ksa421

Goin to Browns Camp; Which tire to run?
« on: July 28, 2005, 12:51:12 AM »
Well I am off to Browns Camp to go wheelin with some friends this weekend :). Gonna show what the Ole Kick can do. They all have Big Heeps ::), so it should be fun to see how the Kick does in comparison. I am excited to see how the new diesel motor does ;D

Here is the dilema ???  I can run either my 32x10.50 swampers wich are failry worn, the ones up front are kinda old but have decent tread just some cracks looking things in the rubber from age.  Do these make the tire weaker??

OOORRR I can steel/borrow my dads tire form his Heep; 33x12.50 Wildcat Mud terrains(Les Schwab BFG knock offs). They are fairly new, but I heard these dont clean very well

I have an open aluminum front end and a lockright in the rear.

I am just indecisive and cant make up my mind which tire to run :-[.. But it should be a fun trip :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 12:52:55 AM by ksa421 »
'90 Kick, Calmini 6" lift, 32x10.50 Pro Comps, Calmini bumper, 8000lb winch, 1.6l VW TD;

Offline ksa421

Re: Goin to Browns Camp; Which tire to run?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 12:58:58 AM »
Actually this question is also "what tire to run"  justin general. My dad said I could switch him tires if I wanted. SoI cant make up my mind if i really want ot or not. The 33s because drop my freeway RPMs and because of the diesel this would not nessciarly be a bad thing, but they also rob power.

So yeah enough rambling...Should I stick to the 32s or upsize to the 33s?

Sorry for the long winded short question :-[ :D
'90 Kick, Calmini 6" lift, 32x10.50 Pro Comps, Calmini bumper, 8000lb winch, 1.6l VW TD;

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:35:47 AM »
I don't think it's that muddy up there right now so the tires cleaning out probably is not much of an issue. Rubbing and ripping your front fenders off may be an issue, I don't know.. :)

Hey, who are you going up there with? A club?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ksa421

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:40 AM »
I am going with a friend of mine from Ashland and some of his friends from around here. he has a big Heep on 39.5s and full widths. But I talked to him this mornin and we might not go now because his Hi-Steer arms havent shown up yet. I guess the UPS guy picked up the packing slip but not the parts.

Offline flexmonger

• live to wheel and wheel to die.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 06:40:23 PM »
  Put waht eve tire on and go. I'll go up there with you, to see a kick wheel.