Hello Guest

cone filter intake

• 3 Replies

Offline aumtracker

• the worm is the spice
cone filter intake
« on: July 29, 2005, 04:50:31 PM »
hi there whats everybody think about cone filter intakes  are they worth it ??  what about that one on ebay  ?????    are they safe for rain and off road mud and water   also what about mpg ??????????? is there realy an increase ???????????

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
Re: cone filter intake
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 06:18:41 PM »
no is a good awnser to all your questions.  the little engine only needs that black box and a K&N filter till you get into some hardcore mods.  a good mod for the 1.6 is a header and exhaust with a K&N.

Stu

Offline zaggy

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 09:28:32 AM »
Excellent advice Stu...

Cones are really for street pieces (IMO), or light duty trail stuff. For the level of offroading most of the guys here get into I don't think they would be a great addition.

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:46:44 PM »
If you do go for a cone I'd say stick with K&N, I tried a few other manufacturers on my motorcycle and had to take them off every time it rained because they soaked up the water and strangled the intake, even when oiled. The K&N never gave me any problems. The downside is that the mesh on the cones is much coarser than stock so you are likely to get increased engine wear.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org