Hello Guest

Mr Bewley: About the Calmini Crap

• 19 Replies

Offline zukisuzi

Mr Bewley: About the Calmini Crap
« on: June 28, 2005, 02:14:24 PM »
Eric-
   I have heard that kerrywittig has been banned from this board. I'm sure that you have thought this over well, but I felt that I should send this for your consideration. I don't really know him, but Kerry had, what seems to me, like a legitimate complaint with Calmini. He saw a post on problems with Calmini &, I think understandably jumped on the wave of the community's posts of problems to get a little leverage in his dilemma. A BIG THING TO ME:***If --- Steve Kramer hadn't posted early on, what to me were the remarkably cocky & inconsiderate comments of his, I don't think this multi-BBS slamfest would have gone nearly so far. When you throw that kind of fuel on the base of this kind of flames, what else could you expect to happen?*** I had strong opinions of what was posted, but declined to post myself on any of the BBS that were debating the issue. I do hope that Steve has re-thought the tone of his comments, & I still plan on ordering a couple of major parts from Calmini, albeit less enthusiastically than before.
   I have purchased used parts from Kerry in the past & can only say that I wish my ebay deals have all gone nearly as smooth as the BBS deal with Kerry. It was SMOOOOOOTH & SUPER-FAST. I think he has much to add to this board and hope he is reinstated soon. I'm sure there is pressure from a large vendor like Calmini to discipline him, but I don't know that this is called for. I'm sure you are more informed about these matters than me, but I wanted to state my thoughts. Thanks for your time & have a good one!

Scott
(If I get slammed for this, oh well...)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 02:19:55 PM by zukisuzi »
"I was so poor growin' up, if I wasn't a boy I'd've had nothin' to play with..."
--Rodney Dangerfield

Offline Mythose

Re: Mr Bewley: About the Calmini Crap
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »
I am both a consumer, a customer /and tech support to the public, and there are proper ways and non proper ways to seek a forum, of your peers, but think of what would hapen oif somone werer to go on TV with the Remarks made here, As a consumer you know only a FRACTION of what is going on, albiet you should be informed, you should also inform yourself PRIOR to commiting to a purchase, under any context, I read the apology, and think that maby a rienstate ment ywould be called for , HOWEVER i donot think that the approach to achieveing the goal was appropriate, called for or justified. and I think that the subject of vender relation should be cept to the private, i always call the buisness buro for informaiton befor purchasing. if they dont know of the company, i will go to forums and ask for members to reply in PRIVATE.  

I deal in computers, and not cars but CALMINI has done GREAT things for ZUKI enthousiests.

I will leave it at that and ignore these posts.
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers

Offline cosmo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 02:40:25 PM »
Kerry is a good guy.....let him back in! Too bad everyone isn't as pleasant and professional as he is....

Not to mention I'm sure he is a wealth of info on our little rigs!!
88.5' Samurai

Offline 92Sidekick4x4

• Spencer Atkinson, 92Sidekick4x4
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 05:33:57 PM »
why again was he banned?

my lug nuts require more torque then my engine makes ;)

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 02:16:01 AM »
Eric-
   I have heard that kerrywittig has been banned from this board.

<snip>

I'm sure there is pressure from a large vendor like Calmini to discipline him, but I don't know that this is called for. I'm sure you are more informed about these matters than me,

Scott
(If I get slammed for this, oh well...)

Scott,

Yes, the user kerrywittig was banned from this board several months ago. However, I can assure you that the banning of the user kerrywittig had nothing to do with the latest round of mult-bbs Calmini threads or anything to do with "pressure from a large vendor"(s). He will not be re-instated.

-Thank you, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline cosmo

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 05:28:40 AM »
Hey I have an idea....

How about we make public the reason he was banned (facts only) and then have the BBS members vote whether or not to reinstate him.
88.5' Samurai

Offline chet

• Zuki time!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 06:50:17 AM »
why? This is Ebewley's website and he says who can and can't participate. If you don't like it then tough. Being part of another 4x4 forum that has gone through the same issues its the only way that works.

Eric is the only one that knows the complete story and can accurately determine if the person should or should not stay.
1991 4 door kick, 2" coil spacers, 30" Coopers, winch, locker, rust, dents, etc.

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 06:53:49 AM »
why? This is Ebewley's website and he says who can and can't participate. If you don't like it then tough. Being part of another 4x4 forum that has gone through the same issues its the only way that works.

Eric is the only one that knows the complete story and can accurately determine if the person should or should not stay.

Holy christ, I typed up an almost identicle response, but decided not to post it ;D
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 07:23:22 AM »
Damn right ... Eric made a call it's his to make. Do you or I need to know the details ... NO!!!

Do I think kerry could contribute good stuff, probably. But the "welcome mat" is the admins choice, so play nice.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline zukisuzi

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Eric. The Administrator does all the work to keep this thing here for the community & it's definitely his call. Also, I lurk around on a few other boards to get an education and it's hard to keep track of who & what I see where. I didn't realize Kerry had disappeared from this board farther back than this recent crap. The Democracy/voting idea sounds good, but I don't think you can have a vote on every dispute that comes up. Zukiworld is a FANTASTIC site & Kerry seems like a real good guy. We'll just hafta get his ideas from other sites.

Besides, I don't wanna stir any crap with THESE people:

!!!    :o
;D  ;D  ;D
(I had to squint to read the bottom line, but got a real good laugh from it!)
"I was so poor growin' up, if I wasn't a boy I'd've had nothin' to play with..."
--Rodney Dangerfield

Offline 92Sidekick4x4

• Spencer Atkinson, 92Sidekick4x4
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 09:49:43 AM »
damn right, eric owns this site, he should be able to make the decions, this isnt survior or some shit :D ;D

my lug nuts require more torque then my engine makes ;)

Offline trackinstile

• Too young to quit........Too old to change........
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »
damn right, eric owns this site, he should be able to make the decions, this isnt survior or some shit :D ;D

Oh great, who's gonna get voted off the island this week?????? ;D

Just kidding, As a moderator, Erik has insight on things that others may or may not know, he is handling things diplomatically, let's just leave it at that.  
A wise man once said, "Wherever you go...........There you are.............." 2000 Tracker 4 door with the 2.0 liter "Big Block". 5 speed 4WD  2001 XL-7 EX II

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 11:10:58 AM »
As a moderator of a sister Zuki BBS I will say this. Zukiworld is privately owned just as our board is. That means that the owners have the right to do as they see fit....... even if it isn't a popular decision ;)
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline cosmo

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »
I don't believe anyone is disputing the fact that the moderator has the final call....just asked a simple question and tossed out a suggestion as well. If he decides not to let Kerry in.....so be it.....I really don't care.

I do appreciate all the well thought out responses though.  
88.5' Samurai

Offline azxr

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »
I like this board a lot and appreciate that Eric took the time to create it. :)

I don't know who Kerry is or why he got banned. ???

I agree Eric "owns" the board and has the right to do what he pleases just like any of us that "own" something can do as we please with it.

However, lets be mindful that the "board" is really about the members and their contributions, both good and bad, black and white, etc. and etc.  Without all of "YOU" there would be no board to talk about.   ;)

So thanks to all of "YOU", Eric included, for making this board what it is.