Hello Guest

Where to buy?

• 12 Replies

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
Where to buy?
« on: August 02, 2005, 09:54:59 AM »
I am new to the Suzuki world and ready to start changing things.  I recently purchased a 1990 geo Tracker from my cousin.  It does need some work so I need some advice on where to purchase parts for my newest toy.  I want to replace the front struts with the OME struts but I don't know where to get them from or who would have the best price on them either.  I plan to add the 1-3/4" coil spacers as well front and rear along with new rear shocks. 

Another question that I have is where to buy hardware for the soft top.  My local dealer says that some of the plastic clips etc have been discontinued.

Thanks for any hel that you can give me.

Offline zaggy

Re: Where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:57:26 AM »
Check your local auto wreckers for the top parts.....

and

Check the zukiworld advertisers on the mainpage for the struts

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:40:57 PM »
Old Man Emu struts I think are available
at Rockyroad.com, see the advertisers
on the board here, and call Hawk's at
1-888-samurai for replacement clips and
stuff like that

Also there is Calmini at www.puresuzuki.com
that has lots of specialty parts for the Track/Kicks

Welcome to the board
Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:47:32 PM »
I'm running OME struts up front as well as 1-1/2" coil spacers and it rides VERY well. I got my struts direct from ARB. As for the clips, check out local junkyards. I have a pretty nice U-Pull_it yard near me where I get to go into the yard myself and pick up whatever I want for a VERY good price when compared to a full-service yard. $14 for an ECM and $12 for a starter? Oh yeah, I'm there, dude! LOL!
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 04:47:42 PM »
Hey Digger, if you don't mind, how much did the struts run direct from ARB?  I talked to RRO and they are about $130.00 each.  Do the OME struts realy make that much difference?  I can get replacement struts for about $70.00 each. 

I must say that I'm realy enjoying my Tracker as are my kids.  Even my wife said that she'll have to learn how to drive a manual transmission.  Last sunday I took the boys and we went and played aorund the Teton Dam.  Even with bad shocks, struts and tires it climbed up some pretty steep trails that were strewn with loose rocks the size of rapefruit and bigger.  Can't wait to have some more fun with it.

Grand Vitara front springs will be here in the morning.  Need to find some Econoline rear springs.  New rear shocks are sitting on my desk.  Life is good.

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 09:06:32 PM »
I had won a 25% off gift certificate at Gonzukin for any ARB product(up to a max of $600, so no lockers for me yet:-\) and the struts ended up running me $96 each with the certificate.

Econoline rear springs? What do these do? Inquiring minds want to know... ???
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 09:40:36 PM »

Me too, I've heard about them but I thought the vans ran leafsprings?
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 10:08:57 PM »
The late model ambulance-converted E-350's are most definately leaf-sprung rear...

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 07:13:23 AM »
In the top header on this page click on "ARCHIVE" and it will take you to another page.  On that page click on "Technical" and then look for the article that has the following introduction:

NICHOLSON, PA keywords: Sidekick, Tracker, Budget lift. -Difficult times have left me without my trusted Samurai and in need of a capable vehicle able to pre-run and be a part of GONZOOKIN and event that I have been extensively involved with since it's inception in 2000. Click for more.

I thought it would be worth a try.  Let me know what you think.

Offline keith

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
Even with bad shocks, struts and tires it climbed up some pretty steep trails that were strewn with loose rocks the size of rapefruit and bigger

Inquiring mings really want to know what rapefruit is.

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 07:11:42 PM »
Even with bad shocks, struts and tires it climbed up some pretty steep trails that were strewn with loose rocks the size of rapefruit and bigger

Inquiring mings really want to know what rapefruit is.

someone just had to bring it up, didnt they.

anyway, OME struts are well worth it, as they improve on every aspect of a normal replacement strut. Longer shaft travel, and superior ride and handling qualities. almost a perfect strut. (almost)

and as for GV coils, maybe its not such a good idea. 4 dr, or GV coils may give some lift, but its the spring rate that gives you lift. its stiffer than the 2dr coils, and may be too stiff. just ask 1bigtracker what happens when you run these coils. he grenaded his front diff, and the front diff being made of aluminium, doesnt help either.
1989 Suzuki Vitara... Stock Standard

something closer to home: www.DARWIN4X4.net[/url]

outerlimits4x4.com = Great Tech, Bad Influence

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 07:48:46 PM »
I asked Jeff Johnson, aka Luvmyzuki about the archive article and more specifically about the E-150 spring mentioned in it. Here is his reply:

Neil,
They were GV coils all the way around.  The ride was a little harder but not bad.  The E150 was the application on the shocks.  I think this is the same setup that Sean Devinney was running on Krusty too.  Seems to give around 2 inches of lift.
Jeff

Apparently it's a misprint in the Tech archive...

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
Hey Digger thanks for the info on the rear springs and shocks. 

As far as the weak aluminum front axle with the stiffer springs I guess that I don't get it.  Unless the stronger springs unloading on an obstacle loads the axle assembly more I can't see right off how the comnbination would be weaker than stock with stock springs.  Please enlighten me.

As far as the rapefruit goes; if you have to ask ....

Mike