Hello Guest

Legality of driving on road without doors

• 32 Replies

Offline Mythose

Re: Legality of driving on road without doors
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 02:23:26 AM »
In WA you have to have at least one rear faceing mirror, if the windshield is missing you have to drive with goggles, you have to have Lights, however hodd and body pannels are optional, you must have a bumper, that extends within 1 in from the edge of your tires, and seatbelts, if the vehicle was equiped with them from the factory.
LOL
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers

Offline Mythose

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 02:24:50 AM »
I see people drive around on a frame, wearing goggles some times, just a cupla seets bolted to it, licensed- with turnsignals and lights
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 05:59:23 AM »
I see people drive around on a frame, wearing goggles some times, just a cupla seets bolted to it, licensed- with turnsignals and lights

Over here thats how they deliver bus chassis they just drive them out of the factory and down the motorway to the coach builders to have the body put on.

On my doors the pins weren't removable. I had to grind one end off and then knock the pins out. If I did it again I would drill them out as the hinges bend very easily. I then replaced the pins with the type that have the clip.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org