Hello Guest

Suspension Question

• 7 Replies

Offline Denee

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Suspension Question
« on: September 19, 2005, 02:50:05 PM »
Hi Ya'll,
My 2 WD, '95 Geo Tracker I've noticed is leaning to the Right.  I have new tires/wheels, struts, shocks.  I haven't put some lift spacers in yet, and not going to untill my tracker sits level.
Drivers side                  Passenger
     28.75"                          28"
     30.5"                            29.75

I did have the Right rear drum replaced due to it being bent, the axle was OK.  the Left front tire was very negative in camber which I corrected.  It does have a slight pull to the Right still.  Funny, I would look at the tracker from the Right side and think it sits high enough, but then see it from the Right and then think to myself, I think I'd better put the spacers in! Now I feel like I'm diving a little to the Right when I drive it! lol
Any suggestions please??
Denee'
Anocsunamoon|removethispart|@aol.com

Offline crikeymike

• Local to Western Washington?? Visit WAZUKS.com
    • http://www.wazuks.com
Re: Suspension Question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 04:45:44 PM »
Worn out control arm bushings perhaps.  Coils not properly seated, giving one side a little more lift.
1993 4-door Sidekick
3" hybrid Calmini/OME lift, 2" B/L, Rear air locker
Shrockworks bar & sliders, Full skid plates
4.24:1 t-case
 WAZUKS member - visit http://www.wazuks.com

Offline Blasted

• Yea.. its a Kick.. Keep dreamin.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
Could be worn shocks, bushings, struts or springs. Take a look and see how old eveything is.. If it looks like its never been replaced, It may be time for some new stuff.
93 Sidekick 2Dr.  2"body lift.  30" Tires. 1.5" Coil spacers. 4 door coils. 2"strut spacers. K&N Factory replacement filter. 2.25" Cat back, with glass pack.  Custom ground High torque Cam shaft. And CB for talkin trash.

Offline da_tub

• oops...can we still back up>?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 12:18:57 AM »
did u hit somthing? like a curb or something like that.. almost sounds like it's dog tracking(feels like your driving sideways down the road) you may hace something eslse bent under there.. suspension wise...
91 four door ,and some stuff

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 03:17:20 AM »
Awesome looking tracker  8)

-First thing you need to check your springs. Your tracker appears to have been lowered (lower that factory ride height), they could of seated a spring incorrect, cut them wrong, overheated them while cutting and made one side weak etc.... Also try to take a few pics of the front and rear suspension componets and post them for us to look at to determine how it was lowered (if it was) and to try and spot a potential problem.

-Second thing I thought of would be alot worse, You stated the alignment being out and the drum being bent; sounds like it was in a prety siginifant wreck to me. You may want to have a body shop in the area look at it and see if there is any damage to the frame causing the crazy ride height.

HTH,
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 01:45:23 PM »
Try switching your rear springs(left to right) it might do nothing, or it might change it a little.

Offline da_tub

• oops...can we still back up>?
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »
no that just sounds like way to much work..lol
Try switching your rear springs(left to right) it might do nothing, or it might change it a little.
91 four door ,and some stuff

Offline 92Sidekick4x4

• Spencer Atkinson, 92Sidekick4x4
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 12:11:32 PM »
just take a torch and heat up the one coil spring that sits higher and heat the spring till it compreses down to th eother side,  ;D

my lug nuts require more torque then my engine makes ;)