Hello Guest

Reasonable price?

• 7 Replies

Offline Dihnekis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Reasonable price?
« on: September 24, 2005, 08:08:07 PM »
I found a 4x4 tracker close to me finally... only thing is, its automatic, which I would prefer not to have. Not only that, it is a 91, 2 foor hardtop not convertible, which I like... here comes the bad part. The odometer reads 79k, and its the kind that rolls over at 99,999.  The lady wasn't sure if it has 179k or 79k, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't only have 79k. The engine has a slight miss, but it runs good and the 4x4 works and has manual hubs. I'm worried about the transmission though... its a 4 speed, but the lady didn't sound confident that it was. Do the automatic transmissions last that long? I need something dependable. I have an 1.6L 8v, but I don't want to have to worry about it. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, so I will try and get the VIN and do a carfax to check the milage.

Oh and they are asking $1400, it has a clean title, power brakes, power steering, and a good interior.

1988 Suzuki Samurai

31" BFGs, SPOA, 5.14 Calmini Tcase gears, DOM cage, rock sliders, spidertrax wheels

1.6L, header, and 2" flowmaster exhaust coming soon

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
Re: Reasonable price?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 08:13:14 PM »
I'm not saying she's wrong, but according to my search, 91 2 door Trackers only came as a 5 speed manual or a 3 speed auto... Tintop doesn't matter... Where are you located at? I want a 3 speed auto for my project and have a nice running 5 speed manual to trade...
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

Offline Dihnekis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 09:38:44 PM »
I'm in St. Augustine, Florida 32086.

Are you talking about trading trackicks or just the tranny?

I shouldn't be scared off by the 179k miles?
1988 Suzuki Samurai

31" BFGs, SPOA, 5.14 Calmini Tcase gears, DOM cage, rock sliders, spidertrax wheels

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 08:49:37 AM »
No Man, 179 isn't that bad, My zuk has 243 and it is still running strong.
2 Dr. 91'  8v Sidekick| 3" Body Lift | 4" Gas Tank Lift | 3.5" Suspension Lift | Snorkel | Custom Bumpers | Sliders | 31" LTB's | Detroit | 4.24 Tcase | TT front locker soon

Offline Dihnekis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 06:00:25 PM »
I seem to have got it in my head that the autos weren't as reliable.
1988 Suzuki Samurai

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 07:31:34 PM »
If you are worried of the mileage, check a few things. Pop the radiator cap and check the coolant. Drain a little to see the fins inside and see how corrodid they are. See if the timing belt has been changed by looking at the bolt heads. The bolt heads should look like they had a socket on them, at least. Check the other belts condition (alt, water pump, etc.). Check the adjusting bolt heads just the same. This will let you know if it had some maintenance at least. Same for valve cover bolts. Pull the spark plugs and check the compression. This will tell you lots on the engine.

If you do go about getting it, first thing, change the timin belt, brake fluid, ps, coolant, oil, tranny, t-case, & diff fluids. That way, you have a start on the maintenance as the new owner.

I do like the color.
Lenexa, KS

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:45 AM »
DUDE, buy that up!  the only thing its missing is A/C.  if its the 4 speed trans(good) with power steering(good)  these things run for 300K so the OD rolling over isn't much of a prob.  look for rust in the wheel wells and under the carpets

have you seen it in person?  a 4 speed will have 3 forward gears and then a over drive botton on the handle.

Stu

Offline Dihnekis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 06:01:09 AM »
Ok I think I will go look at it tonight and check to see if it is well maintained. If it is, and I can talk the lady down to a grand, I'll buy it.

1988 Suzuki Samurai