Please login or register. September 01, 2014, 09:17:09 PM

Author Topic: PR: ZUKIWORLD 'Zukfari 2009 - Event Wrap up and Discussion Thread.  (Read 5245 times)

Online ebewley

• ZW Administrator
  • Enthusiast Contributor
  • Technical Prestige 50
  • ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
We are pleased to publish our ZUKIWORLD 'Zukfari event wrap up at:

http://www.zukiworld.com/month_060109/feature_moab-zukfari-2009.htm

Please place any comments and discussion here.

Thank you, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!

Online ebewley

• ZW Administrator
  • Enthusiast Contributor
  • Technical Prestige 50
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: PR: ZUKIWORLD 'Zukfari 2009 - Event Wrap up and Discussion Thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »
What was your favorite, best, or "most interesting" moment this year?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Bigzook

• ZUKIWORLD ORDER
  • Enthusiast Contributor
  • Technical Prestige 13
  • Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
Yes.

Offline TopHeavy96

• Technical Prestige 4
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 03:52:29 PM »
Man that looks like a fun get-together! ;D  I'll be there one of these years,  count on it!  Not enough 4-doors out there! ;)
96' Tracker 4-door, 16v, auto, open front, limited slip rear, Jeff1997's 2" lift with diff spacer, 95' mustang shocks, Calmini axle truss, BFG 30x9.5 mud-terrains on 15x8 "D"-windows, trimmed and banged fenders and bumpers, radio shack CB, Tom Tom GPS, 100w KC lights
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1097549855954

Online ebewley

• ZW Administrator
  • Enthusiast Contributor
  • Technical Prestige 50
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »
Man that looks like a fun get-together! ;D  I'll be there one of these years,  count on it!  Not enough 4-doors out there! ;)

Totally true... I'd love to see more 4-doors. I think a light weight unit with the same gear as us in the two doors would walk a lot of the obsticles we are challenged with out there.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Bigzook

• ZUKIWORLD ORDER
  • Enthusiast Contributor
  • Technical Prestige 13
  • Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries

Offline twitch23

• Technical Prestige 0
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »
Thanks for everything. We had an awesome time in Moab.  We are going to be heading down next year for sure. 

Hard to choose what would be the favorite moment because it was our first time in Moab and we were overwelmed with the amount of wicked terrain there.....but I really enjoyied trying the hot tub on Hell's Revenge. 

Our drive from Canada was very long but definetly worth the trip.....even though we were almost stranded in Idaho on the way home with a trailer tire problem. 

We've been wheelin every weekend back home here since the trip and our buggies are still covered in Moab red dirt.

We had a blast and hope to meet up with you guys next year....and if anyone is up our way let me know and we'll show ya some cool trails and some amazing scenery on Vancouver Island.

Take er easy eh!
Jarrod

Online ebewley

• ZW Administrator
  • Enthusiast Contributor
  • Technical Prestige 50
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 09:19:16 AM »
Thanks for everything. We had an awesome time in Moab.  We are going to be heading down next year for sure. 

Hard to choose what would be the favorite moment because it was our first time in Moab and we were overwelmed with the amount of wicked terrain there.....but I really enjoyied trying the hot tub on Hell's Revenge. 

Our drive from Canada was very long but definetly worth the trip.....even though we were almost stranded in Idaho on the way home with a trailer tire problem. 

We've been wheelin every weekend back home here since the trip and our buggies are still covered in Moab red dirt.

We had a blast and hope to meet up with you guys next year....and if anyone is up our way let me know and we'll show ya some cool trails and some amazing scenery on Vancouver Island.

Take er easy eh!
Jarrod

Glad you had a good time! Speaking of good times, I know there is a group of us here that would love to come up and go wheeling on the island. What time of year would you recommend?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline twitch23

• Technical Prestige 0
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:20:51 AM »
Usually september and early october is the best time.  We are have a very dry season so far and the woods will be locked up soon.....the fire hazard levels just went into extreme.  There are trails for all skill levels here and there is camping very close to some of the most popular areas. 

Offline goodyz

• Technical Prestige 0
  • Turdzuki.
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 08:58:30 PM »

Well, It was kinda fun having the only 4-door out there, but I would like to see more too! I had such a good time (this was my first year) that I will be making plans to attend every year from here on out. A big thanks to Eric and the rest of the crew for putting it on!
-goodyz

Offline goodyz

• Technical Prestige 0
  • Turdzuki.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »

Take er easy eh!
Jarrod

I Just posted a video of one of our friends from Vancouver Island, BC on Youtube...Check it out! It was a blast guys, hope to see you next year!

link--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mq5_PxKgI
-goodyz