Hello Guest

RESCHEDULED? ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2018

• 58 Replies

Offline beagle..t

Re: ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2017
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 08:15:26 AM »
I'm in and I will get a head count from bc Suzuki club too. but we are coming up from westcoast bc

new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline GermanInBC

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »
...just so you know .. until further notice there is a ban on off-road driving  in most of BC's interior.. it includes the Whipsaw
http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2834

hope it rains soon .. and lots!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
Added the itinerary on the first post... Some more specifics to come but that is the basics... PM me or post here if you have questions, comments, concerns. If you are interested or Likely to go, please post up as I'd like to get a head count within a week to see how many decals to get made, and some other 'planning type stuff' :)

Thanks, Eric
I am planning on going on this run.

YES!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
...just so you know .. until further notice there is a ban on off-road driving  in most of BC's interior.. it includes the Whipsaw
http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2834

hope it rains soon .. and lots!

I saw that today... Planning on getting ahold of the fire authority in BC on Monday but as you know it, are these restrictions usually or rarely lifted? Here in Oregon, fire restrictions usually last until the fall rains come... So I'm very pessimistic now that this will happen but will find out more in the next couple days.   

What do you think?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »
Had an email exchange with the BC wild fire service earlier in the week.

It doesn't look promising for the ban to be lifted in time for us to enjoy the trail. So with a heavy heart, I'm cancelling our adventure. Hopefully there is enough time for people to make alternative plans and still enjoy the last bits of summer. This trip will be on our list for 2018 but will be much earlier in the year!

Thanks, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline GermanInBC

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: -CANCELLED- ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2017 -CANCELLED-
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »
Didn't miss out on Whipsaw this year ... it was fun !

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »
That is great! it looks fun too...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »
no worries eric there is always next yr
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2017, 05:53:38 AM »
no worries eric there is always next yr

... speaking of next year

Thinking about mid-June next year... Do you think that'd be a good time?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
all depends on what kind of snow fall we get

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2017, 06:28:44 AM »
 ;)
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 09:18:28 PM »
I would NOT count on getting through the Whipsaw in June. I was in the area in May of 2016 and there was still easily 2 feet of snow in the shade as soon as we started gaining some elevation. BC has had plenty of snow this winter (most in the world I hear) so I'd mark your calendar a month or two later. When I ran the trail it was mid-August and it was perfect. It would probably still be fine in mid to late September. Usually snow hits the 6000 feet mark around October.
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
was talking with ebewley and he is thinking  late july but dates haven't been set

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
RESCHEDULED? ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2018
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »
Thanks for the good input and suggestions. So far, an exact date hasn't been selected.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

Re: RESCHEDULED? ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2018
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 03:17:24 PM »
any date set yet eric ?