Hello Guest

FS: 1986 Samurai JX

• 6 Replies

Offline rando guy not for sale

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
FS: 1986 Samurai JX
« on: September 22, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »
Yes first post is a for sale ad.  Sorry.  Convince me to keep it?

1986 Samurai JX. California car as rust free as you can probably find one. It starts and drives. I drove it ~60 miles straight at 65mph. It can go faster. Slight oil leak. I drive it around town for errands and things.  Probably needs all your standard parts replaced like tie rod ends etc. I’ve got a ‘64 Series IIa Land Rover project that gets most of my free time.

Top is in great condition. It was a buddy’s who was going to swap a VW tdi into it and lift etc. Currently registered in TX but still located in Sacramento, California. It has all the “options”, air con(needs charge maybe full service, haven’t bothered with it), power steering, missing radio. Throughout the vehicle there are a few bolts/fasteners missing on random parts like bumper end caps but not to the extent that it’ll fall apart while driving. Very original example. Guessing the mileage is 239xxx even though it’s only 5 digits. The odo history is weird from an older car fax and that’s how I read the mileage history.

Might trade for a commuter car or off-road Discovery.  Or anything else.  Show me what you got!

Asking $2700 or best reasonable offer. Located in Sacramento CA.  Moving to Virginia in a week and towing this behind the Uhaul.  Might be able to deliver en route.

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: FS: 1986 Samurai JX
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
Another shot.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 10:45:49 AM »
If I was in the market I would love to pick that up, clean little rig and even has the dash clock.

Trail Tough has the radio box if you decide to keep it.  Fits right below the dash.

https://www.trailtough.com/product/radio-box/
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline 777AIA

• 2WD does damn fine...
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:47:34 AM »
So, what ever happened with this? Did you sell? Take it to VA??
 :P
Phoenix
'92 Samurai 2WD
'07 987.1 Cayman S
'84 Datsun 720 Standard 4x4 Pickup (24K miles!)

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 08:26:28 AM »
I moved it to VA and decided to keep it.  It doesn’t take up much space.  Have had lots of interest from randos while out and about.  I’ve owned a lot of cars from old e30 BMWs to Land Rover Defenders and this thing has generated way more interest.  It won’t ever be worth as much, but regardless it’s fun.

Offline 777AIA

• 2WD does damn fine...
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 10:25:05 PM »
Still rallying around. Replaced seats last few days.  NEw ones look and feel great. Had to stain them to match my colors, but came out fine. Very happy with results.
Phoenix
'92 Samurai 2WD
'07 987.1 Cayman S
'84 Datsun 720 Standard 4x4 Pickup (24K miles!)

Offline dapetik

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 06:12:24 AM »
I moved it to VA and decided to keep it.  It doesn’t take up much space.  Have had lots of interest from randos while out and about.  I’ve owned a lot of cars from old e30 BMWs to Land Rover Defenders and this thing has generated way more interest.  It won’t ever be worth as much, but regardless it’s fun.

I saw you just moved to VA from San Diego.  Assuming your in the beach area?  If you decide to sell the samurai let me know.  I'm in the Charlottesville area fyi.   Welcome to VA.

Dave