Hello Guest

Hi - just joined from Australia

• 5 Replies

Offline SteveB

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Hi - just joined from Australia
« on: October 13, 2019, 04:44:43 AM »
Hi there my North American friends over there (and Canadians). I have just purchased recently a LJ81K. Having so much fun, but with my dog riding shotgun I am getting a little too much attention from people wanting to chat and take photos  I'm already getting guys making offers to buy the car - leaving notes and even knocking on my house door!!

I have attached some photos - hope they appear. I am using the car to drive around my local village, hunting, fishing camping. An having fun stuffing around with the mechanics - it is like one big mechanic set (with rust).

Steve (the dog is Tommy - 1.5 year old retriever  . . .woof woof

Online fordem

Re: Hi - just joined from Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 07:05:28 AM »
Welcome Steve - Canada is part of the North American continent, the other part is the United States of America.

Is this your first Suzuki 4WD?  If you haven't done so yet, pay a visit to www.auszookers.com, you'll find a group of like minded owners and may be even some one local to you.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:25:12 PM »
Welcome and love those pictures! Very cool. Ship that thing over here and go on an adventure with us!  Hey Fordem, don't forget Mexico is in North America too! ;)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline SteveB

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 05:04:17 AM »
Hi guys - hey I've had the strangest thing occur with my LJ.

When I bought it recently, the points were pretty pitted so I replaced them (along with everything else associated with the ignition system). Running great for 2 weeks. Then went to start it up (engine warm after parking for half hour) but failed to fire up.

Inspection revealed the points spring had broken on its apex (see photo). Had a spare in the glovebox so replaced and ran fine for about another 2 weeks until I was cruising along the highway at about 80 kph when, you guessed it, the spring on the contact break points broke again!!

I've replaced them with the same brand and currently going along fine. I have spoken to a couple of local mechanics but nobody seems to have heard of this problem before. One guy suggested that maybe the 2 screws securing the points came loose and recommended I lock tight them.

Has anyone heard of this issue before?
Should I post this as a topic - how do I do that?

With regard to the Auszooks site in Australia - I think it is inactive. I cant seem to join up and the most recent posts are several years old - hence I've lobbed myself over to "North America" Zukiworld - great site fellas!

Kind regards
Steve

Online fordem

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 06:00:13 AM »
Hey Fordem, don't forget Mexico is in North America too! ;)

For some reason I've always considered Mexico as a part of "central" America...
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Online fordem

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 06:05:11 AM »
With regard to the Auszooks site in Australia - I think it is inactive. I cant seem to join up and the most recent posts are several years old - hence I've lobbed myself over to "North America" Zukiworld - great site fellas!

Auszookers is alive & well - not as active as it used to be - but I visit them on a daily basis and it's at least as active as we are here, at least one and frequently several posts every day - I just checked and there are new posts in six forum sections since my visit yesterday evening.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny