Hello Guest

I want one of these

• 5 Replies

Offline TX-Trak

I want one of these
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a front grille guard like this one?  I really like this one, but I'm having trouble finding one like it.
95 tracker manual 4x4
02 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: I want one of these
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:26:17 AM »
It looks like a Pro-Comp light/push bar with a brush guard for the headlights... not sure where to get it though.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
I ended up cutting down a grill guard from a Rodeo for mine.  I would keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay, most of the good factory stuff was only available from Europe.

96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline TX-Trak

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:44:21 AM »
I ended up cutting down a grill guard from a Rodeo for mine.  I would keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay, most of the good factory stuff was only available from Europe.

Drone, How much modification did you have to do to get that rodeo guard to work?  I like that, it looks pretty good.
95 tracker manual 4x4
02 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
I believe we had to cut 4" out of the center.  So we had to take it apart, cut the tubes down, then re-weld in the mounting bolts into the center tube.

The biggest issue was mounting. On the top we created a couple of mounts that go to the center of the front bumper and drilled a set of mounting holes.  On one side there was an opening in the back of the bumper I could stick a box end wrench through with a nut on it, on the other we had to cut a new hole in the back of the bumper.  To facilitate this we pulled the grill off.  On the bottom I had to weld on some new mounts on the bottom arm.   It hangs down a bit more then I like, and I have seen the mounts go through the bumper instead.  I have access to a factory skid pan, I plan on modifying the lower mounts to mount directly to it.

All told it took a solid day working in the garage to finish the work.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline TX-Trak

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
Thanks drone, I'll try to keep an eye on craigslist to see if i can pick one up at a reasonable price.
95 tracker manual 4x4
02 Dakota Quad Cab