Hello Guest

Turkey Bay OHV January Run

• 32 Replies

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
Re: Turkey Bay OHV January Run
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 08:38:41 AM »
Does anyone know if they are going to be open? I looked on line last night and they said it was closed .Is it a day to day thing? we will be driving 8 hrs . We made res. at lake land for rooms also can't aford to lose the money on rooms either.

No way of knowing this far in advance if they will be open as they usually make the decision day to day.  They have been closed since Sunday of this week and went ahead and announced yesterday that they would be closed this weekend since more rain was certain.  For now, they're predicting little chance of rain after this weekend so maybe it will dry up before our trip.  We'll see how things look next Wednesday and if it looks like they'll be closed, we will probably go somewhere else.
      Zukinator-Z, are all of ya'll street legal?  If so, you can run LBL backroads if Turkey Bay is closed.  They should be lots of fun with all the rain!  Unfortunately, most of our group are not street legal.
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline zukinator-z

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »
What is your alternate destinatoin? If its close enough we can drive farther.
94  Zuki sidekick 2 '' spacer. 3'' body 31'' Bfg MTs,miller lckr rear . Wifes ride, 93 Zuki sidekick,30'' Super Swampers digger spacers,Miller locker rear.88 Zuki,POS,full cage,31 "BFG MT's,Miller rear, lock-rite front,and 5:13 gears.

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »
I would be bringing the Turtle, so I am not street legal at the moment... so if they are closed, I can't come.

What is the alternate destination?

Windrock?  Harlan County?  Royal Blue?   Livingston?  Attica?  Haspin acres?

I would make the run to any of the above..

I REALLY want to come...  even if I don't get the Turtle in top shape,  I will come, as I think it will hold together, and if it doesn't... it does pretty damned well in 2wd ;D

Lemme know... I REALLY need to hit the woods soon!!!1
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
   I think the alternate is Wheelin' In the Country near Columbia TN but nothings been decided for sure.  I'd prefer to go to Livingston, but you are supposed to be street legal there too and the woods cops have been out there recently so I don't think I'm gonna be able to talk em into that.    I'm still holding out hope that Turkey Bay will be open!!!

Offline zukinator-z

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 04:56:23 AM »
2 of our group aren't street legal . how much farther is wheel'n in the country?
94  Zuki sidekick 2 '' spacer. 3'' body 31'' Bfg MTs,miller lckr rear . Wifes ride, 93 Zuki sidekick,30'' Super Swampers digger spacers,Miller locker rear.88 Zuki,POS,full cage,31 "BFG MT's,Miller rear, lock-rite front,and 5:13 gears.

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 07:39:28 AM »
   Wheelin' In the Country is south of Nashville TN.  Here's a link to their website:  http://www.wheelininthecountry.com/   It would be a long haul for ya'll I know.  But we have always been able to talk him into letting us ride on Friday too even though its not a scheduled day.  And we can night ride there as well! 

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 08:43:10 AM »
well,  I am pretty sure I am out.

Turkey Bay will be closed.... of that I am almost certain.  It is supposed to rain all week, and it probably will.

Wheelin in the country is somewhere I want to go, but it is over 350 miles for me, not really that much further than Turkey bay, but I just can't see that happening this coming weekend. 700 miles is a little far for one day of trail riding for me..... I would have to leave after 4 on Friday, get in LATE... wheel Saturday and leave Sunday early.

Nah....  bummer, I was looking forward to wheeling with you guys.... maybe next time.

Livingston I could handle, as I could slap some plates and insurance on the Turtle for the weekend, or just bring the Flea.. either way, if that happens, make sure you let me know, cause that is a couple hours for me, I could wheel both days if we went there.

1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
   Oh, but maybe it will be a light rain!!   :(  I'm pretty sure Turkey Bay will be closed as well.  Darn it!  I think I jinx myself whenever I post up a ride!!!  Totally understand Quaddawg about the distance.  I'm sure its an even longer drive for Zukinator-Z.  Well, nothing is for certain yet.

Offline zukinator-z

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 03:46:10 AM »
   Looks like were out to. If it does open on wed. we 'll still come down . :DIt's not looking promising right now.How much rain are they getting ? :'( :'( :'( :'(  It's about 8 hrs for us.

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
    Still closed!!  :(  But the rain has stopped so I guess theres still a (slight) chance they'll open it up. 

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 07:33:40 AM »
   All right, we have decided we are going to Turkey Bay this weekend in anticipation it will open up by Friday or Saturday!  If its not open, we will wheel the backroads with what rigs we can. 
    If the Bay is open, we will meet at the Check in Shack at 9am CST each morning, otherwise I suppose we can meet at Wrangler's Campground at 9am for the backroads ride.  We'll be at Wrangler's in the evenings as well.  Just look for the Zuks, the place is usually fairly deserted this time of year.  We run channel 37 on the CB.

Here is a link to the best map I've seen of Turkey Bay.  Far better than the one they'll give you at the check in shack
http://www.davidwtaylor.org/jeeps/maps/TurkeyBay_GPS_Map.htm

For backroads, the Visitor's Center has great maps.  The higher the road number, the less "maintained" the road. 

Hope to see ya'll there!

Offline booger85

• Mean and Green
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
I called this morining they said they will be open sat. am.
so myself and zukinator-z and the rest of our group will be hedding out about noon on friday. should be a great time looking fwd to it.
95 tracker:  5.12 gears, 4:1 calmini t/c gear, locked front and rear, 6'' calmini lift, header, flowmaster, 31x10.50x15, beadlocks

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
   We had an absolute blast!  Seemed like everyone did!  What a great weekend!!  We loved wheelin' with you IL guys!  So cool to have more Track/Kicks out there! 
    Looks like all my still pics are a loss.  Some of the others in our group will have some, but it may be a while before I get those back.  Hope I got good video and maybe we can swap .  I'll PM ya'll for mailing addresses when I get the CD ready.  I won't be quick on that either but will try. 
    I hope we get to wheel with ya'll again!! 

Offline booger85

• Mean and Green
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »
hear aer a few pic,s making a cd but it will take a bit.I am slow at it.
95 tracker:  5.12 gears, 4:1 calmini t/c gear, locked front and rear, 6'' calmini lift, header, flowmaster, 31x10.50x15, beadlocks

Offline booger85

• Mean and Green
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 09:37:58 AM »
btw we all had a blast also . I could have wheeled for a week down there. It was really cool to see all the dif rides and the mods. gave us some ides.
hear is one more pic