Zukijam
« on: May 24, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
A couple little vids from friday

This is supose to be a stocker trail

Trail 5

Some pics

Only a few showed up on friday

some pics from saturday

Much better turn out on saturday more showed up after i hit the trails.
Videos to come soon.

This made the final decision on removing the dual transfer cases. Here im balancing on the skid plate for the lowered rear case with all 4 tires off the ground.

88 Samurai, SPOA,Dual sami Transfer Cases, 513' mini spool rear, Lockrite front 31 10.50 MT's

Offline calabrias1962

Re: Zukijam
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »
Here is another video and the guy making coments in the video fails to mention that he had to winch up the hill and bent his tie rod into a U shape.

88 Samurai, SPOA,Dual sami Transfer Cases, 513' mini spool rear, Lockrite front 31 10.50 MT's

Offline calabrias1962

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »
Another small video

Offline calabrias1962

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »
There was some damage saturday. First my budys cherokee.

1. Bent tie rod in the middle of a steep hill climb to where one tire was straight and the other was at full turn (no pic sory)

2. Cherokee tore the right lower 4link bracket compleetly off the axle tube. Took the fab shop about 1.5 hours to fab a new one and weld it on $80.00.

Next the tracker that I have my front tire on in the group pic was being drove by a friends sister and her friend (2 young ladies in one of the group shots) lost lower radiator hose. Not shure if it was loose or knocked off. And right after that got fixed the steering gear box litterly broke in half. There is a video of it being lifted and removed by a loader in the other thread.

My damage started with riping the left side of the rear bumper off. Guess its time to build a real bumper.

Then at the end of the day i droped into a rut that was worse than i thought and slamed my front shackle back so hard that it reversed on the frame and bent the back of the spring at a 90% angle. We were able to use a high lift and a bodle jack to straighten it out enuf to finish the day and flat tow it home. other than that the rock sliders worked great and just minor scratches.

Just a shot before washing it. Not to muddy compared to usual.

Offline calabrias1962

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 07:38:03 PM »
Another video of a tracker that gernaded the steering box being removed by zukinader-z