Hello Guest

Rule compliance Q&A

• 4 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Rule compliance Q&A
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:07:43 AM »
Here's a spot to ask questions before or while you are building your vehicle.  The following is an example of a question I had emailed to me. I think by asking these questions in a forum setting we can "kill two birds with one stone" and help multiple teams with questions and also maybe bring things up that people weren't thinking about.

-Eric

Sample question received:

QUESTION: hey...the rules said any axle housing....still has to be 5 lug with zuky stuff inside right?....not toyota

ANSWER: Suzuki manufactured axles means housings and anything external needs to appear as a stock Suzuki manufactured product. Toyota externals is definitely out. Now if you found a way to jam toyota gears inside a Suzuki third member, that'd be OK... Cromo axle shafts, spools, lockers, stuff like that OK.

Any housing refers to the fact that you could mix and match and put a GV housing under a Sidekick or a Sidekick housing under a Samurai or a Samurai front end under a Sidekick etc...
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Rule compliance Q&A
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »
Does the housing include having to stick with a stock aluminum front housing on 4x4 Trackers or can we exchange it for after market components such as the Calmini Anvil?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:50:20 AM »
Does the housing include having to stick with a stock aluminum front housing on 4x4 Trackers or can we exchange it for after market components such as the Calmini Anvil?

You building a tank or a race car? :)

Aluminum or Steel Suzuki front end housings would be acceptable. The Anvil would not be acceptable this year but if you want to lobby for that next year, it's a possibility.

Cost containment.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »

I'm planning on making a bold move and betting for Snow this year.  I'll be the only one on Tracks and ready for the freak weather.  As long as I keep them under 33" height I'm good right?

:D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

I'm planning on making a bold move and betting for Snow this year.  I'll be the only one on Tracks and ready for the freak weather.  As long as I keep them under 33" height I'm good right?

:D

;)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online