Hello Guest

2" lift, steering shaft not long enough!

• 1 Replies

Offline BronxNZ

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
2" lift, steering shaft not long enough!
« on: March 19, 2016, 02:11:16 PM »
1991 Escudo/Geo tracker/Sidekick. 4-door 1600cc SOHC EFI 5-speed manual. G16A engine.

Bought a 2" body lift and was advised by the seller and read in multiple places online that NO steering spacer or anything would be required.

After installing yesterday came to find that shifter had to be cut and welded at different angle as couldn't hit 2nd and 4th and the steering barely fits back in (by a mm or two only).

Truck is at another house but I need the steering bolt diameter size ASAP so I can go and buy some washers to make up a spacer of 10mm or so. Is anyone able to advise the diameter of the 4 bolts on the firewall side of the brakes where you can space them to have more contact with the spline on the other end?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline captwoody

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: 2" lift, steering shaft not long enough!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 10:09:59 PM »
if you loosen the aluminum block clamp on steering shaft you can gain 3/4 " from long side and 1/4 from short side for steering that's what I did on my 01 tracker. I am automatic so I did not have shifter issue and my transfer case shifter still works too.
Just a Newbie crushing one rock at a time,2x4 rocksliders,lowrange 2"suspension lift 2" body lift and skid plates,5000 winch,towbar,grand vitara rear springs,100watt lights,ARB compressor /air up kit,ARB RD209 LOCKER,Roof rack,tow hitch, General AT2 255/70/15 or 31/10.5/15 Mud tires , 5.12 Gear swap,off road tent trailer,LED Lights