Hello Guest

Aerio 2.3 engine swap to Sammy

• 3 Replies

Offline pezpon

Aerio 2.3 engine swap to Sammy
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
Has any one done a swap of a Suzuki Aerio 2.3 engine into a Samurai?  Any idea if a 1.3 or a 1.6 transmission would fit?

Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Aerio 2.3 engine swap to Sammy
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:48:06 PM »
A 1.6 transmission should fit with some modifications.  The major problem I can think of is your oil pan, exhaust and intake are going to be off a bit as they are designed for a FWD car.  You will probably need a 2.0L donor vehicle to get the correct intake, oil pain, oil pickup and exhaust.

Look into the 2.0L conversions as they will give you an idea of what needs to be done to fit the larger motors.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline pezpon

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »
Anyone else?  I have a 2.3 donor Aerio waiting, but I want to make sure that the swap can be done, I'm not the one performing the swap, so I need to gather as much info as possible for my friend who is going to do the swap for me....

Is there anyone else that has done this before or anyone that has information if it can be done...

Thanks,

Frank
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

Offline Freak

• !
    • Freakreation
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the 1.8l sport, 2.0l Tracker, and the 2.3l Aerio all share the same block and Fuel system so you should be able to use the parts from the smaller engines to adapt the 2.3l such as oil pan, and possibly parts from the cooling system as the FWD stuff is probably different.

I'm considering this conversion for my Sammy as I've seen it done in a Sidekick and it hauled! The power upgrade to 2.3l is impressive and you can find them with low mileage still.