Hello Guest

02 XL-7 - Drive shaft post hanger bearing seal?

• 2 Replies

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
02 XL-7 - Drive shaft post hanger bearing seal?
« on: July 11, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »

I noticed the seal to my drive shaft after the hanger bearing (or hanger bearing like support) has totally broken apart and is leaving the bearing/races that the shaft is connected to (not sure if it's splined or just slides in) exposed. Is it possible to get that part from the dealer (Im calling them Monday to, they're closed this weekend.)  If not, what have some of you done that have encountered this problem? I'm thinking of putting on a CV-joint boot and clamping it on but I'm afraid if I drop the shaft, the bearing might fall apart?

I currently stuffed the shit out of it with bearing grease until I can figure something out ASAP.

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
Re: 02 XL-7 - Drive shaft post hanger bearing seal?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »
I guess this hasn't happened to anyone else.

Turns out after some research on other forums that this 2nd half the shaft is very much like a CV-shaft that drive the front wheels.

Im going to see if I can pop this shaft out of the CV joint and hopefully place a closely sized boot.

Online fordem

Re: 02 XL-7 - Drive shaft post hanger bearing seal?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
Some companies sell universal "split" CV boots - you trim them to the size you need, and the split allows you to install them without disassembling the joint.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-614-632-Series-Universal-Quick/dp/B000C10E1W

This is just one example.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny