Hello Guest

2wd too 4wd swap

• 18 Replies

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
Re: 2wd too 4wd swap
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 06:16:27 AM »
HAY ALL, just as an update I found a 96 tracker four wheel drive, for sale for parts  :) I found out the sidekick I have has a bent front frame right were the strut tower is, ( even the strut tower is twisted ) but I figure I can switch body's and motors with the tracker. what do you think? :-\

A 96 is OBD2, so there is differences in the wiring, compared to your 95.  But if you put your body on the 96 frame and use all your 95 wiring, then there shouldn't be any wiring mods needed.
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.

Offline werforeman

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
I just found out the 96 has antilock breaks on it, will that be an issue?

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
I just found out the 96 has antilock breaks on it, will that be an issue?

No.  If yours doesn't have ABS, then you don't have any wiring to hook up to the ABS on the 96.  The braking will work just like it does currently on your 95.
96 trackicks (both 2 and 4 doors) only had rear ABS, unless it was a sidekick sport (sidekick sports were only available as 4 doors).  The sidekick sports had 4 wheel ABS.  If it is a sidekick sport, then you don't want it.  The frames are different and I am pretty sure your 95 body will not fit, without some tweaking.
You never have said, or I have missed it, do you have a 2 door or 4 door trackick?
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.

Offline werforeman

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
Mine is a two door bent frame little tire eater, the tracker is a 96 16 valve and mine is only an 8 valve, but I will be swaping the engine over too, I think I'm going to take my time over the winter, and take the 96 body off the frame. and work on lifting it and painting the frame and axle housings, just realy detail the crap out it while I have the time. I can still drive mine the way it is for now, just need to bie tire every couple of months.