Hello Guest

Audi Kick Re-Boot

• 34 Replies

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
Re: Audi Kick Re-Boot
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »
Cool, I always wondered if anybody ever put a Ford 9" in a Suzuki. How's the front suspension holding up?
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline Birmingham171

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 12:45:37 AM »
I just picked up a '91 8v tracker, and I have a 2003 VW Passat sitting in my garage with a cracked head.  I don't think I'll get it on the road again, probably going to part it out.   I've been fantasizing this swap from the day i picked the tracker up...  Oh, I am so excited to see this done.  I think this is by far worth finding a new head.  I gather that you've bought it post-swap, what info do you have on the build?

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »
I apologize for the absence and not answering questions here. The rise of social media has killed allot of forums and I honestly didnt check back to look for replys. So, to answer all the questions.
Kris, It handles well but likes to pull the drivers side tire up under hard acceleration. I am not sure if this is because of the link arrangement or just me liking my setup to be squishy.
Olijia, The front end is holding up pretty good. I dont do any hard core wheeling with it but I have jumped her a bit. I did brake one coilover shaft,( I was jumping it pretty big) but I had a very early version of this suspension setup and bob updated me to some newer parts that help fix this.
Birminham171, I did indeed buy this car post swap. There is a original build thread on this car here on Zukiworld. http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/build-diaries-how-to-diy/audi-1-8-turbo-powered-sidekick-pictures-!!!!!!!/ If you have any questions feel free to PM. I promise I will check back more often.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2017, 01:53:28 PM »
I apologize for the absence and not answering questions here. The rise of social media has killed allot of forums and I honestly didnt check back to look for replys. So, to answer all the questions.
Kris, It handles well but likes to pull the drivers side tire up under hard acceleration. I am not sure if this is because of the link arrangement or just me liking my setup to be squishy.
Olijia, The front end is holding up pretty good. I dont do any hard core wheeling with it but I have jumped her a bit. I did brake one coilover shaft,( I was jumping it pretty big) but I had a very early version of this suspension setup and bob updated me to some newer parts that help fix this.
Birminham171, I did indeed buy this car post swap. There is a original build thread on this car here on Zukiworld. http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/build-diaries-how-to-diy/audi-1-8-turbo-powered-sidekick-pictures-!!!!!!!/ If you have any questions feel free to PM. I promise I will check back more often.

Like!
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 06:53:26 PM »
I see what you did there