Hello Guest

ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Fall Classic 2015 - Bend, OR - NOW WITH PICTURES!

• 79 Replies

Re: ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Fall Classic 2015 - Bend, OR
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 06:15:28 AM »
I don't think it was clear that you were looking for people to sign up. I think an evening activity like that could be fun as long as we don't arrive at camp too late.

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »
I agree with with Invincible about it being fun.  I just don't have anything good to add.

Ignore whatever photo that gets randomly attached to this post.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:06:39 PM by Ridjobradi »

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »
I don't think it was clear that you were looking for people to sign up. I think an evening activity like that could be fun as long as we don't arrive at camp too late.

Good point David..

I'm gauging interested to see if it's worth putting something together. In the past I've come up with things and only had mixed success. I think launching glowing apples into the darkness may be pretty fun??? Or chugging easy cheese in world record time, also fun. ;)

-Eric
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:59:21 PM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 04:54:27 PM »
I'm up for the engineering challenge, and I've been giving it some thought.  I just haven't come up with a good idea yet! 

Sounds like a can of easy cheese needs to be involved though.  I'll visit the "101 uses for a can of easy cheese" page and see if I can come up with something other than a chug contest.  Chugging easy cheese is a bad idea in a camp with no toilet. 

On another note...what is up with all of the random photos being attached to posts here?  Is it a problem with the ZW forum?  A problem with the tapatalk app? 
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »
Launching things and fire are always cool.

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 09:19:50 AM »
Launching flaming cans of easy cheese?

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »
Lets shoot skeet with tannerite.

Offline Boxcar

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 10:20:54 AM »
 I'm in / email sent.....
Will bring lots of recovery gear and if needed, a spud gun for the engineering challenge....
And lots of cold weather gear ... HAVE YOU SEEN THE Farmers almanac forecast for the 2015/2016 winter? BRRRRRR!
 Looking forward to FINALLLLLLY MAKING THIS TRIP...... The whole faces to names thing.....
I am familiar with the " China hat " aria , as I have ridden it for many years .....
 Wahooooooooo.

God Bless
88.5 Samurai Heavily modified.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »
Very cool! It'll be great... You might could caravan over with Matt. He's coming from the Seaside / Astoria area. I think that's close to you?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 10:02:35 AM »
A few things that would make camp better... Besides the stuff on the list in the first post, if people could bring a string of LED Christmas lights, (Or something like that) that runs of off a self contained battery pack, that'd be great. It seems that the better we light up the camp area the more fun and social it is. Davey had mentioned this Christmas tree light thing and I think it's great. I'm hoping he can pop in here with an Amazon link or something like that to help us zero in on this.

Anyone ever seen that demonstration where they make glow in the dark Mt. dew?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »
Very cool! It'll be great... You might could caravan over with Matt. He's coming from the Seaside / Astoria area. I think that's close to you?

-Eric

Boxcar's been out to my shop before.  Besides the Nissan engine in his Samurai, I was intrigued by the electric belt-driven air compressor under the hood.  Pretty cool stuff. 

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »
Hi Gang - I'm back from Toronto... Another thing we could really use as a group is one Easy up or Pop UP to put over the communal table. Does anyone have one of those they could bring along in their kit?

There are some Itinerary updates happening on the first post of this thread so please take a look. Davey has done some excellent homework and has suggested some fun for Thursday as well.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »
Ok, We've roughed in an itinerary. Please chime in if you have comments/suggestions. There is also an attached .dat file on the first post that will help you program your radio if you have the UV-5R model.

-Eric 
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Boxcar

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2015, 07:55:53 AM »
 Gotcha covered. I'll toss mine in the roof basket..... I have  a nice new 10x10.
Anything else?

Hey Matt . Good to here from ya again.....
God Bless
88.5 Samurai Heavily modified.