Hello Guest

Alternator

• 2 Replies

Offline robnrobn2000

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Alternator
« on: December 11, 2018, 05:08:44 AM »
Is there a higher output alternator I can put in my 92 Sidekick. When I turn on my lights, wipers or heater I can tell a diff in the way it runs. I have a brand new battery but whenever I have my lights on and turn on the heater I see the lights dim and it starts running a lil ruff. Also looking for small parts and need a site besides ebay. Thanks to all

Online fordem

Re: Alternator
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
Assuming that there are no additional electrical loads, because you didn't mention any - I'd suggest you start having the electrical system, including the alternator, checked - the OEM alternator is more than adequate to run the normal electrical loads.

If you have added loads, the next step would be to let us know what they are, so you can be advised properly - there are ways to upgrade the alternator, and kits to do so - for general replacement parts, check RockAuto.com, genuine Suzuki parts can be sourced from Megazip.net, and offroad related parts can be found at Low Range Off Road.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline hwyman

Re: Alternator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »
if you are on facebook join one of the geo tracker/ sidekick groups and look for Randy Gibbs or Tony Manriquez  or find the hwy 83 suzuki page. I have purchased parts from both Randy and Tony (he runs hwy 83 suzuki salvage)  and highly recommend both.
1994 Geo Tracker  2dr 4wd 1.6l 8v Manual Trans