Hello Guest

Samurai Situation

• 1 Replies

xoloski

Samurai Situation
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:22:40 AM »
I have a 1986 Samurai that I took in a trade for a 2002 F350 quad cab 4x4 7.3.
The previous owner, Tom West of Borrego Springs, CA told me he had over $25K in the build, he gave me receipts for over $14K and PROMISED me that if I didn't like the unit he would buy it back.

The Samurai has a fresh 1.3 powered by propane, has a Petroworks grs 2 transfer case, new 31" tires on what looks like bead-lock wheels (but aren't so they are street legal in CA), missing links front & rear, new YJ springs, power steering, air locker rear, lock-right front, on board air, and a bunch of other nice stuff.

I live in the high desert of southeast AZ and my off-road style consists of desert and mountain trails both of which I arrive to by driving my rig from my home to them. I do have a car hauler but, I don't really like to tow my rig 20 miles to drive it off road.

This vehicle is great for my off-road needs but, does not do road speed well because of the propane system. The Samurai is underpowered for highway use. The Samurai will do 55 but it takes forever to get their and slows down at the slightest hill.

I did tell all of this to Tom West who, instead of honoring his word, changed his phone number and refuses contact. So, the lesson here is if you ever deal with Tom West, make sure you have a written contract because he is a lying piece of excrement. I should have known Tom West was this kind of person as the first time we meet, he said he was meeting his girlfriend in Tombstone, AZ and asked me not to tell her he was married. Please feel free to share this with Tom's wife in Borrego Springs, CA.

Bottom line is that I now have a really nice Samurai that I don't want because it doesn't fit my driving style needs. My options as I see them are; 1) replace the propane powered engine with something else, Gary, of Petroworks, suggested a 1.6 - 16 valve swap. 2) Sell the Samurai and use the other two Samurai I own, or 3) Trade the Samurai for something that better fits my needs,

So, if you have an interest in this Samurai, please request and review the spreadsheet listing of the receipts that I have for it and we can talk sale or trade.
Steve Tyminski, Whetstone, AZ 85616
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:50:39 PM by xoloski »

xoloski

Re: Samurai Situation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 05:01:01 PM »
Includes original doors, new full soft top,bikini top, tow bar, mud flaps, and more....