Hello Guest

shift lockout

• 2 Replies

Offline TioPick

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
shift lockout
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:51:48 PM »
Gee, I just can't believe it but I have been MIA for 2 years.  Everything takes longer in the Valley.  Amy is my 2001 Tracker ZR2 2.5 V6 auto 4X4 of course..  Well 2 yrs ago she over heated.  When I bought her she had around 167,000 miles on her.  I bought another motor out of a yunk yard in Houston and was going to have it ready to go...  Yea, fat chance but eventually got the water pump, oil pump and timing chain etc replaced.  It may have had "low mileage" but it had been sitting in the yunk yard for 10 years and seals etc should have been hard.. Also put new struts, shocks, brakes on her but the lift kit I bought did not work.  I was not there when my mechanic put it in but he said it made too sharp of an angle out of the front diff....  I did not have her back long though and the power steering pump quit.  One more thing.  And then, what this post is about..   I could not get it out of reverse.  It appears that this is so common that they talk about it in the owners manual and provide a small inspection port on the side of the hump so you can stick a finger in and release the latch.  I took things down and checked voltage  etc.  It is definitely the solenoid.  I "repaired" it with a cable tie.. so far so good but I would really like to fix it right.   Been searching GM parts sites looking for 91174613 ...  I even checked Canada ..  NADA, discontinued.  I am surprised  as it was also used on the Chevy S-10.   I am now pleading to my old buddies here to see if you can find a Suzuki part number on the GV... or that is actually a Toyota transmission in mine...  HELP

Online fordem

Re: shift lockout
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 03:59:01 AM »
If what you're asking about is the shift lock solenoid at the base of the shift lever - 28610-54G10
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline TioPick

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: shift lockout
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:52:20 AM »
Thank you.  It may not have been the cheapest way to go but I found OEM on ebay right away.... 3 weeks shipping but I  will report when all is well.  Tio Pick