Hello Guest

A steal!

• 12 Replies

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
A steal!
« on: August 17, 2005, 09:50:20 PM »
Wow guys, I'm pretty excited! I just picked up my first Sammy. Don't know much about it other than I bought it for next to nothing. Missing its starter and needs 'some' body work, but I'm looking forward to tearing it apart and rebuilding it!! I'll post some pics in the next few days!

steveo

ps I'm not sure if I just made an awesome decision, or if I've opened a new can of worms!!!  ;D

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
Re: A steal!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 10:04:33 PM »
The pictures didn't work. >:(
2 Dr. 91'  8v Sidekick| 3" Body Lift | 4" Gas Tank Lift | 3.5" Suspension Lift | Snorkel | Custom Bumpers | Sliders | 31" LTB's | Detroit | 4.24 Tcase | TT front locker soon

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:22:17 PM »
Must've been an awsome deal.
I wouldn't worry about bodywork, I'm sure you'll give it more character in time ;D
ANymore details?
What year
any mods already done to it?
etc...
can't wait for pics (next few days) ;D
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

Offline keith

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 07:30:00 AM »
How did you come across the deal?  I always hear about people buying Sammy's dirt cheap, but no one ever offers me one!  :(

Offline 6feetofAIR

• i wanna go to hawaii yayyyyyyyyyyyyy yy
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 04:03:55 PM »
i got mine for free!!!! talk about a steal, once i fixed it up the old owners started getting shady so i moved (had to move n e way) but they were like "i cant believe you gave it to him for free" to the guy who gave it to me, it needed a new moter for starters but i raised it with 10 inches of suspension lift and got 33x14x15 boggers, its a monster now! locked front and rear, power steering, 6.1 to 1 gears in the t case. racing seats and 4 point harness, roll cage coming very soon. ;D

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 07:01:49 PM »
but i raised it with 10 inches of suspension lift and got 33x14x15 boggers, its a monster now! locked front and rear, power steering, 6.1 to 1 gears in the t case. racing seats and 4 point harness, roll cage coming very soon.

Thats awesome man! The way I came across it: I work for a company that does business with another company and I delievered a manifold to their yard one day and saw this old, tired looking black sammy sitting by one of the shop doors. I asked whos it was, and the owner of the yard was like "make me an offer" so I offered fair and he got back to me a week later and said come get it. I got another look at it today. It's hurtin'! The front bumper is smashed to shit and it aparently has no Reverse or a key (you have to start it with a screwdriver!) and there's fluid leaking out of the hub on one of the wheels... there's lots of bad body spots and the soft top is ripped in a few places... awww man, the more I list the more I think that I shouldn't of got it... WHAT AM I SAYING! Its my first Sammy! I'm about to 'drive' into the deep end!  :P

Pictures tommorow!!

steveo

Offline bashzuk

• Been zuked lately!!!
    • BashZuk's web page
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 10:24:36 PM »
Congratz I've been having fun with the 500 (3000 now) dollar Sammy I bought last summer.
It was a lot smaller when I bought it, that and it ran no problems only a missing tail light.
$45 and it was good to go. Been the most fun I've had in a rig in a long time.

Mean Green Wheeling Machine
88 Samurai 1" Shackles SPOA with 32" Tires
It's not a Jeep thing, it's not a Suzuki thing, or a Chevy,Ford thing.
It's a wheeling thing now get out and do it!

Offline Bobzooki

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 02:04:32 PM »
Umm...TEN INCHES of suspension lift??? :o

That might be a bit extreme - OK I'll admit, I don't know much about Sammi's but that just doesn't sound right.
Bob

Tahoe 24' Fish-N-Fun Tritoon
115 HP Mercury outboard

Offline hcgalvin

• Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
    • Granite Path
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »

That might be a bit extreme - OK I'll admit, I don't know much about Sammi's but that just doesn't sound right.

I've got... um.. let me see.. stock is 11? inches at the frame.. Or is it 8? I'll go with 11 for now..
I'm 28" at the frame.. uh..
Tire lift is about.. 4 inches?
Guess that makes me 13" of suspension lift?

;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 05:00:22 PM by hcgalvin »
Heather Galvin
2005 GV with Zuki Nation 4.5" Lift.
Sidekick's gone... Still have Bob's Knob.

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 07:12:17 PM »
Well I don't have pictures (yet) but I got an small update on how much this beast is going to need.

I loaded it up and while i was attempting to shift it into N, I pulled the shifter right out off the floor. There's a leak behind the front passenger hub, and the rear is leaky too. The front engine seal shows some oil leaking, but that should be ok to do. The exhaust (no surprise there!) is shot, and the guy that owned it before me stripped some parts out of it.  ;D I don't know where to start!!!!!!!!! Anyway... I might pull the engine first and probably going to do a total overhaul, mainly because I don't know what else he might have taken... I mean, the battery and even the spare rad bottle is missing. I look at this as a fun little project for my brother in laws and me. I'm sure I'll be sending out a call for help on a number of things on this one guys!!

steveo

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 09:53:06 PM »
Got some more details. Pics for sure this week. Its a '86 and there is a lot less rust than I thought. Black with a black (destroyed) soft top. I stripped the inside and found some old reg. papers and other junk. He left some tools, tow strap, fluids, and a lot of garbage. He also left a hitch reciever and a ball, well worth what I paid him for the Sammy ;D Pure stock, as he didn't do anything crazy with it, except run it into a telephone pole maybe by the looks of the front bumper. I picked up and winch for it already and some other little stuff.

Man I'm having a lot of fun with this thing already and I haven't done anything with it!! My wife is really excited about it as well and wants in on some of the modding. She'll do the bumpers and the back bench... she welds better than most men I know!

Anyone care to make me a 'get it running' checklist? I'd really appreciate it!! Tanks!

steveo

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 06:34:40 AM »

I've got... um.. let me see.. stock is 11? inches at the frame.. Or is it 8? I'll go with 11 for now..
I'm 28" at the frame.. uh..
Tire lift is about.. 4 inches?
Guess that makes me 13" of suspension lift?

;D
You've got 35's, or somewhere about there, right? You're an inch taller than I'm gonna be, and I thought mine was gigantic ;D
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »
Sounds like you got your hands full man!  Always great to hear a "just found this sammi laying around" story.  Could've gone to waste, but you've given it a happy home.  Let me know if you need any parts.  I've got a parts sammi here with a few things left on it.
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.