Hello Guest

Calmini Catalog

• 7 Replies

Offline the_maplebar

Calmini Catalog
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:57:33 AM »
Is it worth anything?  Basicly do they have any more products listed, or more information about the products compared to their website?
2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline INGERSOL

• BIG, LONG, AND BLACK
    • INGERSOL.COM
Re: Calmini Catalog
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 10:45:03 AM »
Just buy something from them and they'll ship you a catalogue for free.  I read a consumer reports crash test thingamajiggy saying that the weakness in the GV/Tracker is the rear impact (something about gas tanks located behind the axle puncturing).  So to give my self a false sense of security and invulnerability I ordered a Calmini grill gard and rear tube bumper.  

Now I don't know if the rear tube would keep my gas tank from rupturing, but I've been hit by an '88 honda accord and while my tube bumper didn't even cratch, his radiator fluid was pouring all over the street and his front end was all f**k'ed up.  So I guess it was worth the drive to Acton (as they say).

Oh yeah, and Calmini sent me a free catalogue in the box with the bumper, but there was nothing in the catalogue that wasn't on the website.
2003 Chevy Tracker
2.0 L Four Cylinder / 5-speed
Suzisport Headers
K&N Air Filter
Calmini Grill Guard / Tube Bumpers UK Factory Sunvisor RRO Coil Spacers Bridgestone Dueler Revo 235/75-15's

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 10:46:49 AM »
But you get to see cool pictures of Erics kick.... :o

Offline the_maplebar

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 11:12:43 AM »
Which reminds me, Calmini used to have pics of this yellow tracker [link]www.puresuzuki.com/nurf_bars1.htm[link] but they aren't posted in the calmini vehicle pictures section anymore.  Does anyone know if there are pictures of it elsewhere on the web?  It looked really sweet.
2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline bashzuk

• Been zuked lately!!!
    • BashZuk's web page
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 01:24:44 PM »
Is it worth anything?  Basicly do they have any more products listed, or more information about the products compared to their website?

The difference I saw was the web site has the correct prices for the products. The catalog which came with my towbar had  several of the items priced wrong.
Other than that nothing was different.
Mean Green Wheeling Machine
88 Samurai 1" Shackles SPOA with 32" Tires
It's not a Jeep thing, it's not a Suzuki thing, or a Chevy,Ford thing.
It's a wheeling thing now get out and do it!

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »
   If you request one, they'll send it for free.  Only advantage I see over the website is you could read the catalog while in the john.

;)
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 10:03:59 AM »
 So I guess it was worth the drive to Acton (as they say).

I wonder who says that? As an ex motorcycle courier I have been to Acton, West London many times and I've no idea why anyone would want to go there. Is there a more exciting Acton in the US?. And yes, I may have had a drink or two tonight  ;D ;D
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline INGERSOL

• BIG, LONG, AND BLACK
    • INGERSOL.COM
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 09:34:17 AM »
There's a furniture store here in Ontario (Canada) thats located about 200km from Toronto (the only major city worth mentioning) and for years the store has been running commercials directed at Torontonians with the tag line   "....Its worth the drive to Acton...." and the commercial has been on the air so long I figured this had become a commonly used phrase around the world (meaning its worth it).

Never occurred to me there was more than one Acton.
2003 Chevy Tracker
2.0 L Four Cylinder / 5-speed
Suzisport Headers
K&N Air Filter
Calmini Grill Guard / Tube Bumpers UK Factory Sunvisor RRO Coil Spacers Bridgestone Dueler Revo 235/75-15's