Hello Guest

Engine Swap: Grand Vitara 2dr (from Netherlands) w 2.0L Auto to V6 2.7L Auto

• 3 Replies

So here is my dream...

I have a 2003 Grand Vitara 2dr (imported from Netherlands) w 2.0L Auto and I'd like to purchase a same year XL7 (from Canada) and swap engine +/- tranny and whatever else would need to be swapped so both vehicles computers are happy (plus the heated seats from the XL7 into my 2 dr).  Then I'd sell off the newly underpowered donor XL7.

Knowing how much they tried to keep the vehicles as similar as possible between Vitara models, I'm wondering if anyone has any expertise on just how daunting a task this would be, and what components should have to be swapped between the two vehicles?

Thanks for any assistance out there...

8)

Offline beagle..t

yup ive done it 2002 2dr and put 2001 xl-7 motor into it. What has to be done? well I did wiring harness front to back ,dash,steering column, gastank seats hood grill headlights side mirrors evap that is under car xl-7 exhaust rad ac. I basically took everything out out the xl=7 and put it into the 2dr. I did the build here for what ive done since I have owned it but some more that aint on there its under 2002 build in the diy
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Thanks a bunch for the info.  Was everything unbolt from the XL-7 and bolt directly to the 2dr?  Any fabrication of new mounts or welding, etc required?

Offline beagle..t

straight bolt in no fab on my side
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT