Hello Guest

Hub bolt sizes

• 3 Replies

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Hub bolt sizes
« on: May 29, 2019, 10:45:26 AM »
I apologize if this has been covered, I did use the search feature but didn't get the exact answer I was looking for.  Recently bought a nice set of 15x7 Aluminum wheels (unsure of brand, they are old) test fitted on the rear, fit fine.  Went ahead and peeled out the money to have them powder coated.  The color and quality is amazing!  Went to fit them on the front and lo and behold, the damn things wont fit over the hub bolts!  So my question is this: can the existing 12mm bolts be removed and replaced with bolts with a smaller head? Has anybody done this?  The gap is only about 3, maybe 5 mm that I need to get the wheel flush to the rotor.  I have considered a 5mm spacer, but that would leave me with even fewer threads on my already short factory wheel studs. If I hadn't already powder coated them, I'd have the center bore opened a few mm.

Thank you.

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Hub bolt sizes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 07:12:15 AM »
Update for anybody experiencing fitment issues like I have with aftermarket wheels.  Took the hub bolts out and had a machine shop take a 1/16th inch off the diameter and off the top of the bolt itself. Replaced the bolts, test fitted the wheels, everything is perfect.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 05:46:59 AM »
Are your hub bolts hex head or Allen head?  Mine has auto hubs and they use an Allen bolt.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:09 PM »
Are your hub bolts hex head or Allen head?  Mine has auto hubs and they use an Allen bolt.

6mm allen head bolts.