Hello Guest

i wanna see your rides! :-)

• 69 Replies

Offline ernie

Re: i wanna see your rides! :-)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »
Hi
Hope you don't mind some pics from Sweden  :)

-89 Sidekick auto=Toyota Lj70 axels, 4-link front and rear, 2x winch, Samurai t-case, 35" creepy crawlers and some more.

-88 Vitara=Volvo portal axels, 3-link front 4-link rear, Sj413 t-case, 12" airshocks, Opel 2,0 engine and gearbox, and much more :)

Suzuki Vitara SAS portaler-88. Sj413w 1,9td flatbed-87. Sidekick SAS yota -89. Sj413k-86

Offline rascott

• tread lightly monkeywrench a little
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »
ernie from sweden.
you seem to take your toys and playtime seriously.
thanks for the pictures!
'89 kick w/little motor, still got pieces of jeff's pucks, stan's sticks into 4.24:1 tcase, 31x10.5x15's, rear lockrite, kick power steering, some radios(kj6esv), bmw seat, other changes just because. done on the cheap.
suzi the psychic gets me fishing.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »
Hi

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with Zuk's from Sweden.  It will be interesting to see what you are doing to that white beast.  What is there to not like?
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »

nice collection and garage!

Interested in what is in store for that white beasty as well!
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline ernie

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
Thanks, the white one is put on hold, but I put up some more pics when I start building again. It may take a while since I just started a restoration on a Sj413k pickup.
Suzuki Vitara SAS portaler-88. Sj413w 1,9td flatbed-87. Sidekick SAS yota -89. Sj413k-86

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 06:22:01 AM »
you guys have some nice rides.
here are mine...my daily and my mud buggy

my mud buggy

the new one i just got last night

(going to start cutting on it today.it will be a 2 seater mud buggy.feels wrong to cut up such a clean one.lol)

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »
you guys have some nice rides.
here are mine...my daily and my mud buggy

my mud buggy

the new one i just got last night

(going to start cutting on it today.it will be a 2 seater mud buggy.feels wrong to cut up such a clean one.lol)

I remember the green cage build.  It will be interesting to see what you do with this one.
"(going to start cutting on it today.it will be a 2 seater mud buggy.feels wrong to cut up such a clean one.lol)"  We felt the same way when we hacked into Drone637's race car project.  It looks like the boys are going to have more fun.  Such a good dad.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Tryggvi

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 06:52:48 AM »
Hi guys

Ernie, really nice rides you have there. Most likely VERY capable in almost any situation or terrain.

Thanks for the kind words in regards to my ride and the pictures.

I do not see to many Nokian tires around in larger sizes such as on modified off road vehicles. We do have Nokian tires here but for the most part sales are on cars, not the bigger vehicles. I did consider Nokian tires on my Sport though for a while. I would have to say that Toyo, BFG, Dick Cepek, Micky Thompson, General and Marshal are the tires one sees the most, with a few exceptions. For the most part on larger vehicles the 38" mudders or superswampers are all you see, but not on Suzuki, hehh.

I look forward to more rides and pictures here.

Best regards,
Tryggvi
Regards from Iceland
----------------------------
Suzuki Sidekick Sport 1997 AT 33" - 1.8L - 3.5"+ 2" Lift
Rear axle skid plate - 5.83 R&P Locked Front & Rear

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 06:07:16 AM »
here is a pic of mud buggy 2 now....

not done but getting closer.  ;)   this is going to be a fun summer for the boys(and mom and dad).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:34:57 AM by outcastpunk »

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
When I got it:

Now:

- Andy
GO PREPARED! www.WARN.com
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/WARNfans
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/WarnIndustries

Offline mrhawk

• I Love ZUKS
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 02:54:14 AM »

-92 16v Vitara Lwb
3" custom suspension lift and 2" body on 31" Tires.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »
Turbo Tracker on 32's.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline skitime

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »

Offline Jebers53

• 1996 Tracker
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
Nice expo rig ski! Great use of the RotoPax! Wondering how many gallons on the Bestop and how it handles the wt.? How did you mount thru the top?
1996 Geo Tracker 4x4 5 speed manual 2 inch Jeff spacer lift 235/75/15 BFG AT
ZOR front bumper/stinger
2008 Provan Tiger Camper 4x4 on Chevy 3500 HD Duramax/Allison

Offline skitime

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:42 AM »
Nice expo rig ski! Great use of the RotoPax! Wondering how many gallons on the Bestop and how it handles the wt.? How did you mount thru the top?

Thanks, I did a lot of research of expo rigs before that trip but find very few on the forum ever use the term "expo rig" so I appreciate your knowledge. Seems most here are only day trippers which is fine but i found trying to do a multi-day trip an interesting challenge in such a small vehicle. We had to carry camping equipment, refrigerator, stove, tools, camera, laptop as well as water and clothing. That picture was from the White Rim Trail in Canyonland National Park outside Moab.  That was a 3 day offroading trip so I needed to carry extra fuel. Each RotoPax holds 2.5 gallons so there were 4 gas containers on the roof outside and I also carried a water RotoPax mounted on the ceiling of the hardtop so  the combined weight was about 85 to 100 lbs including the containers.  During the 100+ offroading miles I only used 2 of the RotoPax of fuel but at the time I did not know just what my miles per gallon were going to be so I wanted to error on the side of safety. We did not pass another vehicle for 3 days so running out of gas would of been a big problem. I purchased the RotoPax mounts and installed a pair in the outside of the roof and a matching pair for the ceiling of the hardtop so that only 2 holes for each pair needed to be drilled into the roof.