Hello Guest

Install- Altered Ego 4.5" lift kit

• 88 Replies

Offline talonxracer

Re: Install- Altered Ego 4.5" lift kit
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
A rough road provides a decent ride, the springs are still a tad stiff but the ride is smooth for the most part. The kidneys dont complain at all! LOL
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
    • DTTM.net
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »
Ah, nice.  How does the suspension feel driving it around?
x-SJ-410, 96 Geo Tracker, White Rabbit, Project Trouble

Crawlers NorthWest
Trouble Racing

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »
That camber is exactly what it is supposed to be, the front end was lifted off the ground, and when the sidekick was set back down the tires prevent the suspension from setting back at normal so they have that spalyed look. When driven the camber is exactly at +0 degrees 30 minutes at level rest.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
    • DTTM.net
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
Time to get that thing re-aligned or you will tear up those pretty tires.  :)
x-SJ-410, 96 Geo Tracker, White Rabbit, Project Trouble

Crawlers NorthWest
Trouble Racing

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I just installed a set of 1" spacers on each front wheel, now the front and rear track width are at 48" inside to inside.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
The TH180 is a fantastic little transmission and would solve the gearing issue easily as it is a factory setup. The 4spd autos do not have the same gearing and would be no different than what the 5spd manual provides, so that is the reason the 3spd is desired. I also have broken several clutch pedal shafts(welds break, factory welds) and do not want those hassles, nor the hassles of the harness/ecu swap, and finally having to still buy R&P's......

I do plan on a Thorley header and a 2" mandrel bent exhaust and the intake needs to be addressed.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »
Which "good" cam are you talking about? And why are the three speed autos a POS?
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »
just stating the obvious:

Like all, Suzuki oem exhausts (mufflers/tail pipes) are very restrictive, you can still have quiet as well as significant power/econ gains with just a cat-back set-up. A good cam really helps mid range power as well as potentially helping mpg too depending on driving style.

Totally stay away from the early 3spd auto, it's a POS, if you want an auto go with the OD 4spd. You may need a new ecm etc though for either if you're so inclined. Lower geared R&P changes beyond your factory 5.13s are costly, weaker and likely become a longevity issue as well if you do distance/highway drives. Mechanically I think your rig is great the way it is for now, even without the preferred/required t-case gears, exhaust&cam upgrades and rear locker. Granted your road gears aren't ideal and a little long, top gear rpm is good though, right?

[first Zuk: new 84 SJ410 lwb, w. 48hp 1.0l motor. I-5 and Pismo dunes not an issue. Zuks are now the 'in crowd' in BC, Can. (too funny) 25+ years later, so many stories...]
-black '92 Samurai, bought new
-black '93 Sidekick, tintop

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »
The interior is compltely cleaned, patched, ChassisSaverd and prepped for the Monstaliner. I am not putting any carpet back in, again the cause for corrosion! The Monstaliner is now available in tintable colors, and a shit load too! http://monstaliner.com/forms/monstaliner_colors.htm  I ordered the medium Quartz gray color, it almost matchs the original carpet color!

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »
Thnx!

Well the alternator took a crap, it is only a dinky 44amp! A remand costs 275$, no way, I will take the alternator mounting plate and cut and reweld the tabs so I can install a Delco-Remey 12si alternator, probably a 78amp flavor.  

Well she needs a bit more umph due to the larger/heavier tires, the required 5.62 or 5.83 ring and pinions are hard to find and cost more than I can afford! There is a rather low cost option that actually is a plus, the 3spd auto trans equipped Sidekicks came with 4.3 R&P's, so with my 5.12's the 3spd auto should be perfect. And it is more relaxing to trail ride and rock climb with an auto trans. I already found a 95' 3spd w flexplate and torque convertor as well as the transfer case for 300$

While I have the transfercase out I will break it open and install the twin sticks, I would like a 4.2 crawl gear, but the budget, the budget....

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:21:28 PM by talonxracer »

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »
This little beastie is a BLAST ! ! !

I have spent a few hours driving some logging and fireroads, as well as a few railroad tracks and plain dirt/shale roads and the springs have started to settle down and smooth out. I need to have a alignment done now!

Yes get an alignment.  I ate up my front tires in little over a month after my last modifications.  Now I am waiting until the next modification so I can put on bigger tires.

You have a good looking ride.  It looks capable, but sooo clean.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »
This little beastie is a BLAST ! ! !

I have spent a few hours driving some logging and fireroads, as well as a few railroad tracks and plain dirt/shale roads and the springs have started to settle down and smooth out. I need to have a alignment done now!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:07:01 PM by talonxracer »

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »
Thnx Andy!

BTW, she has new Warn locking hubs.....!!!

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
That looks seriously good!

- Andy
GO PREPARED! www.WARN.com
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/WARNfans
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/WarnIndustries

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
Nice before and after photo.  Quite a change in appearance.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.