Hello Guest

Tilt column

• 4 Replies

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Tilt column
« on: November 09, 2019, 05:32:25 AM »
G'morning all.  Had a 95 Sidekick with tilt column.  Loved it.  Bought a '96 4 door, base model, does not have tilt.  Did Suzuki/Geo/Chevy offer a tilt column option in the 96-98 models?  Some sources say yes, some say no. Does anybody have an absolute answer to this nagging question?  If there was one offered, I am gonna try to locate one and swap it in.  If not, I'll hafta be satisfied with what is already in there.....

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Tilt column
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 01:15:10 PM »
I didn't know tilt column was an option, and it doesn't show anything in the product manual.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/1996/geo/tracker/1996_chevrolet_tracker_owners.pdf
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:03:44 AM »
I will have to go outside and check, but I think my ‘95 JXL has a tilt column.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 06:55:21 AM »
Yeah, my old '95 also had tilt also. I was gonna take it out and swap it into my '96, put the solid column from the '96 back into the '95 then sell it. The way it goes thru the firewall is different enough between the two years that I couldn't get it to work. Many things are the same from the 95 to 96, but dash is different, as well as the column. Not sure what else is different.  I was able to integrate a rear interior light from a newer Vitara into my '96.  Ran the wiring above the headliner and soldered it into the existing dome light wiring. Same with the map lights I found at a local wrecking yard last year.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »
Question...is the 96 an airbag steering wheel?  That would probably also be a difference between the columns.  Interesting about the dash.  Once I get some property sold I can go pick up a parts rig I found, it is a 98 I think.  I will have to look at the differences between them...
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!