Hello Guest

OTT Kicker 3

• 12 Replies

Offline IBDaPlumber

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
OTT Kicker 3
« on: December 03, 2019, 10:58:42 PM »
Well I think I broke it.  What’s the best way to replace (and go lower gears inside) for this unit.. what gears should I do?

You ?might? Know the rig already? I think it’s been on here before???

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: OTT Kicker 3
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 01:02:57 PM »
What are the details on your rig?  That will help a lot with advice...
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline IBDaPlumber

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:29:18 PM »
What are the details on your rig?  That will help a lot with advice...

Hope this helps... I’m just looking/searching to see if anyone has ever taken an OTT kicker 3 apart (sidekick tranfercase matted to a Sami tranfercase)

Thanks!!

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:54:42 AM »
So what exactly is the damage?  Do you know what gears it currently has?  Tire size?
1995 Sidekick JLX
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 12:36:29 PM »
From what I have seen they are just a combination of the two, so not to much work to take apart.  As JollyZuk said, what is damaged will be the main issue.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
Ok...let me start over...are you looking to repair damage of some sort, or are you wanting to regear one of your transfer cases?
1995 Sidekick JLX
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline IBDaPlumber

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 10:21:37 AM »
Ok...let me start over...are you looking to repair damage of some sort, or are you wanting to regear one of your transfer cases?

Ok here is my build.

Stock motor
Toyota axles (unknown gears at this time)
Duel cases (OTT Kicker 3)
35” tires
Full hydro steering
And extras lights, winch, blah blah blah

This sidekick was owned by ?Heather G? Out of Idaho? I think she was on here a while back? I think?

Offline IBDaPlumber

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 10:24:59 AM »

What broke was my hi/low transfer case. It grinds in low, just asking if anyone knows anything about what gears are in that case before I take it apart and just figure it out.
Hope this helps.

Online fordem

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
This thread gets more confusing every time you post.

What broke was my hi/low transfer case. It grinds in low, just asking if anyone knows anything about what gears are in that case before I take it apart and just figure it out.
Hope this helps.

It now seems you're hoping that someone on here recognizes the vehicle and can help you figure out what's in the transfer case - kind of a far stretch in my opinion - perhaps you should try contacting the person you bought it from.

Whether I'm right or wrong on that score, we still have to figure out which transfer case you're having a problem with - if there's a Kicker fitted, there are going to be two transfer cases, each one with two speeds - saying it's your high/low transfer case doesn't make anything clear, both have high & low.

You might be better off determining which case is grinding - hopefully you can do that by figuring out which shift lever connects to where - and then disassemble that - counting the gear teeth will allow you to determine what gears are fitted.

You're also asking about lower gears - you'll need to figure out what gears are in each case, what gears are in the axles, and how you plan to use the vehicle - all you've given us is the tire size.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline IBDaPlumber

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 06:19:16 PM »
This thread gets more confusing every time you post.

It now seems you're hoping that someone on here recognizes the vehicle and can help you figure out what's in the transfer case - kind of a far stretch in my opinion - perhaps you should try contacting the person you bought it from.

Whether I'm right or wrong on that score, we still have to figure out which transfer case you're having a problem with - if there's a Kicker fitted, there are going to be two transfer cases, each one with two speeds - saying it's your high/low transfer case doesn't make anything clear, both have high & low.

You might be better off determining which case is grinding - hopefully you can do that by figuring out which shift lever connects to where - and then disassemble that - counting the gear teeth will allow you to determine what gears are fitted.

You're also asking about lower gears - you'll need to figure out what gears are in each case, what gears are in the axles, and how you plan to use the vehicle - all you've given us is the tire size.

Sorry if I confused anyone, that is not my intention.
I’m just new to the duel tranfercase units.
Ok
Mine has a sidekick and samurai tranfercase. My sidekick tranfercase has just hi/low (this is the one that grinds in low) and my samurai transfer case has 2wd,fwd-hi AND fwd-low (I’m assuming stock gears inside).
I use my rig for weekend wheeling and a small amount of rock climbing. Love trails and hunting with it.

The ONLY reason I mentioned anything about my rig might be recognized is for better/any info. The guy I bought it from had it sitting for 4yrs and bought it from her (I assumed) and I found out that she once was on here. Sorry I’m trying to get info about my rig and doing everything I can to get the right info.

I’ll stop asking about it! Sorry.

Online fordem

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »
You can find information on the Kicker III over at the zuwharrie.com forum, and if you're lucky, "heather g" might see your post and respond, she doesn't seem to be around often.  Seriously though, you're probably better off opening up the Sidekick transfer case and taking a look inside.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline IBDaPlumber

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »
You can find information on the Kicker III over at the zuwharrie.com forum, and if you're lucky, "heather g" might see your post and respond, she doesn't seem to be around often.  Seriously though, you're probably better off opening up the Sidekick transfer case and taking a look inside.

That’s my plan I was just hoping to order all the parts, have them in my hands and just make a day of the repair/replacement job.  But I think your right, time to bite the bullet and just get elbow deep in this bucket!

Hahahaha thanks for the input!

Online fordem

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 05:00:48 AM »
One of the challenges with buying a used vehicle is you never know what the previous owners have done, you could be lucky and get a mint, unmolested gem, or go the other way and be unpleasantly surprised - buying a used modified vehicle multiplies those challenges - you KNOW things have been changed, but not what or how - even if "heather g" were to tell you exactly what had been done when she owned the vehicle, I don't think it would be wise to assume that nothing had been changed in the interim.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny