Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Zukiworld Fall Classic 2019 - November 21st through 24th
« on: June 09, 2019, 05:35:55 AM »

Zukiworld Fall Classic 2019 - Bend, OR
November 21st through 24th

Hello Adventure Enthusiasts!

Here's a rough itinerary, a couple of requests, and instructions for those that are planning on coming on this year's ZUKIWORLD FALL CLASSIC! The first thing to do would be to read over the previous adventures and see if you're up to being cold and dirty for three days and to see if this trip would be something that would interest you.

2019 Itinerary:
Ok - Here's the roughed in schedule! Please note that depending on weather and other conditions, we may not do all of the items listed below.

Thursday:

Friday:
  • Second Chance to group up. (I will not be at this one; Group that is already at camp will adventure on Friday)
  • TBD
  • Camp and Have a Chili Potluck  & Social around 6PM
  • Night ride

Saturday:
  • Wake up! - ZW Geo Cache
  • YOUR HELP NEEDED! THIS IS WHERE THE VOTE MATTERS
  • Ft Rock Diner/Bar, Camp around 6PM
  • Axe Throwing Competition

Sunday:
  • Wake up (again) & break camp - TBD
  • Get to Bend and Disperse/Disband 5PM

Requests / Instructions:

1 - Send and email to me ebewley[at]zukiworld.com letting me you're attending (please include a cell number type of vehicle, where you are coming from and how many will be in your group)
2 - Watch this thread for more information. (A list of attendees will be generated in this thread as verification that we know you're going)
3 - An email will be sent to those that are attending with finalized details including specific meeting locations, times, maps, etc...
4 - It most likely will be very cold. (bring what you need to survive AND enjoy yourself)
5 - Have a 200 mile range with your vehicle.
6 - Bring an arm load of fire wood to help out or means to gather some firewood on our way to camp.
7 - Suzuki mfg vehicle or special guest.
8 - Trailers, motor-homes, & campers are heavily discouraged, If you need to haul, consider dropping off in LaPine and driving your adventure rig from there.
9 - If you bring a dog, make sure it is well behaved or you may be asked to camp far, far away from the group.
10 - We'll be using FM radios and the MURS channels. If you are unsure of what that is, ask us!
11 - Beef Stew Potluck is where each person brings a can of STEW to throw into a big pot. AND A SIDE ITEM THAT YOU'LL SHARE

We'll provide the cookin' you bring the STEW FIXINGS.

It's Going to be great! -Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Zukiworld Fall Classic 2019 - November 21st through 24th
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:40:15 AM »
Zukiworld Fall Classic 2019 - Bend, OR
November 21st thru 24th

EMAIL WILL COME OUT SHORTLY WITH SPECIFICS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON THE LIST IF YOU INTEND TO GO.

1. Eric Bewley / Bend, Oregon / Samurai
2. Davey Arnold / Salem, Oregon / Sidekick
3. Drew Anderson / Dallas, Oregon / Colorado

#. - YOUR NAME HERE!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:52:16 AM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline darnold87

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »
Davey Arnold / Salem, Oregon / Suzuki Sidekick

Also, I'd like to suggest that we put together a group to go to the Cowboy Dinner Tree on Friday night (or Saturday if that is preferred).  This is south of Silver Lake (where fuel is available 24/7 now!).  It is about 45 minutes south of our typical camp spot.  People come from out of state to eat here and we'd need to reserve our spot a month or two in advance, so this will take a little pre-planning.  I know of at least 5 people that want to do this so I'd say its a go. 
I'd also like to ask Eric if he'd consider changing up the camp location or at least plan to explore the area south of Silver Lake, around Winter Ridge and such... We just did an adventure ride down through there and found a lot of cool places and neat backroads.  Might be cool to explore more in an area that we don't typically go.  :)

Here's more info on Cowboy Dinner Tree:
http://www.cowboydinnertree.net/
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 04:46:25 PM »
Great input Davey! I say yes... Let's plan for the Cowboy Dinner Tree for the Saturday Dinner. I'll do some recon on that camp site and get back to the group. It has been quite awhile since we explored that forest. I remember the LP powered Toyota and the driver/passenger probably more than the area. :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
Thanks to Drew Anderson, we have a confirmed reservation for the Cowboy Dinner Tree on the Saturday for 15 people. This is really a placeholder so  We'll need to get a headcount here as people confirm so we can let the restaurant know how many as the time draws near.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »
A little more info at this page... Sign up if you're interested by posting here!

https://www2.zukiworld.com/2019-fall-classic-overland-adventure/

Thanks, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »
Luke and I will be there again this year! 
The ole 2.3L sport is running great and ready for another adventure! 
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 06:25:33 AM »
That's great! I'm in the midst of getting the Sikekick up to snuff. I'll hopefully be pretty exploring around where Davey and his biker gang :)  was this summer for places to see next weekend.  Would you like to fly in and ride with me? 

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 11:13:58 PM »
That's great! I'm in the midst of getting the Sikekick up to snuff. I'll hopefully be pretty exploring around where Davey and his biker gang :)  was this summer for places to see next weekend.  Would you like to fly in and ride with me? 

-Eric

Like on a pre-run? 
Airplanes AND Suzukis in the desert?  I like it...
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline darnold87

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 03:04:28 PM »
Hey everyone~ 
I was re-reading the Cowboy Dinner Tree website and it sounds like we need to actually place our order when making the reservation.  Since the reservation was made by Drew, I don't know if he placed the order? (I just texted him to find out).  Anyway, please see the website and comment if you're going and what you're eating.  It's basically the steak or a chicken.  And we'll need to specify how many kids as well since it's pricing is basically based on you're age.
So as I mentioned earlier, Mason (10yrs old) and I will be going and both of us are eating steak.

~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline darnold87

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 10:55:11 AM »
I'm setting up the final Cowboy Dinner Tree party list.  I have 2 in my group, 5 in Greg M's group, 2 in Drew's group, 2 in Matt V's group, Eric, & Kelly.  That's 13.  Bagwell is a maybe.  So we're close to 15 at this point.  I'll be sending this list to Eric and Drew so we can lock it in with CDT, along with the food choices and age/price designations.  If you plan to attend, I suggest contacting me immediately.  Otherwise you can also setup your own reservation in the coming weeks. :)
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 07:19:50 PM »
Thanks a ton for organizing our new food adventure. We've been talking about this for years.. Now, it is to happen! :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline darnold87

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 04:49:36 PM »
Thanks a ton for organizing our new food adventure. We've been talking about this for years.. Now, it is to happen! :)

-Eric

Happy to help with it Eric.  :)  We're up to 18 people - gonna be a party!  Drew and I will lock it in with CDT on Monday with the final numbers.  If others want to join in after that, they can make a separate reservation or inquire about joining the big group at that time.
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline darnold87

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 05:08:44 PM »
Update on the Cowboy Dinner Tree plan for Saturday night.  They handle children's meals differently than I thought, it's kind of like family style I guess.  So $33 purchases a full adult meal.  Kids  7-13 cost $11, but they share your meal.  So if they want their own meal, it's $33. 
Also, I'm going to request that the dinner reservation get bumped to 7pm to give us more time to explore and get back to CDT.  Dinner lasts around 90 minutes.  Googles say that this location is 33 miles south from Camp Morningwood and drivetime is around 50 minutes.
LASTLY, the dinner is CASH ONLY, so definitely plan ahead and bring cash!

~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline darnold87

~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470