PTO in a Suzuki

• 4 Replies

Offline vitaradownunder

• Vitara Doin' it Aussie Style
    • WildZooks
PTO in a Suzuki
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
Hi boys and girls.

i have a question and interesting challenge.

Has anyone put a PTO Winch or God Winch in a Suzuki Sierra/Samurai?

Reason for the question is that we have a competition down here in Australia called Outback Challenge http://www.outback4x4challenge.com/ and we had a couple of Sierra's from Thailand with a  3Sgte motor, Toyota Prado gearbox, Hilux diffs and 35" simex tires. here is a video of it winching.
also here is another short video or a cruiser winching with a God Winch able to drive and winch at the same time

Here are some general pics of the type of vehicles and landscape. just a note this is a high sped event.

Seeya James
Lets get wild and show the big  toys how to do it suzuki style.

Offline tipover

Re: PTO in a Suzuki
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
They used to make the input shaft with the out put to do this, but they quit making them.  The only person that makes them is Dutten Interprises in Britian some where.  Search for Amphibious ccars.  they use the samurai for the frame and drive train.  He actually sent me the drawings to make them myself.  You just have to use a sealed bearing on the out put side.  He can send you a shaft for about 150.00 US.
Wheeler-87 Samurai JX. 7" lift, 1.6 TBI, lockers hybrid rear, 33" Swampers, 6 to 1s in a billet housing.
RV Dingy-2003 2 door tracker
Tow-97 PSD F250 Crew SB Dana 60 conversion
87 samurai-spoa ZookEV electric conversion.
RV- 31' Monaco Mckenzie

Offline reb

• Victim of CRS--Can't Remember Anything.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:49:09 PM »
Interesting pix.  Only problem I see is that the steering wheels are on the wrong side. :)

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:29 AM »
The old SJ based Dutton is now being made in the US under another name, maybe worth trying them if you can find them using Google. Duttons are now Jimny based. There is a guy in the UK running one that IIRC was made by RS Engineering.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

speedball1981

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 07:56:23 AM »
the problem with power take off on a samurai is that they don't have any power to take off...