Hello Guest

Interior lights always on

• 2 Replies

axgop

Interior lights always on
« on: December 14, 2007, 07:07:27 AM »
I have an 04 Aerio SX. I put in my second new battery in a month today. AAA said the cells were totally shot on the one I put in a month ago. The only thing I've noticed is that the interior lights always want to be on. I just leave the dome switch to off, but I guess that doesn't stop the drain. Any ideas?

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Interior lights always on
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:40:31 AM »
I have an 04 Aerio SX. I put in my second new battery in a month today. AAA said the cells were totally shot on the one I put in a month ago. The only thing I've noticed is that the interior lights always want to be on. I just leave the dome switch to off, but I guess that doesn't stop the drain. Any ideas?

You may have a short somewhere that's a small drain on the system. It must not bee too big because a fuse hasn't blown and you're able to start the vehicle every morning.

The vehicle is under warantee, right? Have the dealer put their equipment to use and figure it out.

Good luck, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

axgop

Re: Interior lights always on
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:13 AM »
My mileage is too high for warantee  :(. Are there any common areas for shorts that I could check myself? After owning a few VW's, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.  :)