Hello Guest

Wheeling In Southern Arizona

• 4 Replies

Offline zo6gun

Wheeling In Southern Arizona
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:55:52 AM »
Hey Guys ...... We will be in southern Arizona, around Bisbee/Tombstone/Tucson Area. Does anyone know of any 'mild' wheeling in that neck of the woods. My brother-in- law is new to the weeling game and we do not scare the s---t out of him. Looking at the map we saw a ghost town of Gleeson has anyone been there? ??? Any information would be appreciated. Keep your powder dry .......ZO6-Gun  :police:

Offline reb

• Victim of CRS--Can't Remember Anything.
Re: Wheeling In Southern Arizona
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:58:17 PM »
I spent some time in that area hunting javelina several years ago.  As I recall, Gleeson isn't much.  There is some interesting country to explore around there, but I don't recall anything that would terrify a greenhorn.  I don't remember anything that a 2wd couldn't handle in good weather.

The mountains between Tombstone and Gleeson and north are interesting.  Cochise' Stronghold is in the area.  There are a couple of other interesting historical sites around there, too.

Offline zo6gun

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
Hey Reb...

Thanks for the info. I have an excellent recipe for cooking Javelina. Clean it, skin it then put a 2X4 in the body cavity and bake it for 4 hours. Remove it and throw the javelina and eat the 2X4  Thanks again...........   ZO-6gun     (Sorry for the spelling)

Offline reb

• Victim of CRS--Can't Remember Anything.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »
LOL.  I'll pass your recipe on to my cook.  I think she will prefer her old one.  Javelina is actually quite delicious IF it is handled correctly during the cleaning and skinning operations.  Otherwise, your recipe makes sense.

xoloski

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:57:56 PM »
I live right in the middle of this area.
There's lots of nice trails.
In the Santa Rita mountains from Kentucky Camp to Greaterville Rd is a nice ride that will have you driving up a 200 foot rock road / waterfall.
I did this in my stock '86 samurai.
Forest Road 62 will connect you to Forest Road 92 on this map:http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coronado/forest/recreation/trails/trail_maps/TR_079.jpg

The others are fun too.

Enjoy!