Hello Guest

PR: ZUKIWORLD Challenge - comment and discussion thread.

• 11 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
PR: ZUKIWORLD Challenge - comment and discussion thread.
« on: June 29, 2009, 07:17:23 PM »
We are pleased to announce that we just published our description of the ZUKIWORLD Challenge race on our home page. http://www.zukiworld.com 

On a personal note, I know I had a blast and would encourage anyone that may be interested in trying it out to come out over the Labor Day weekend and see what it's all about. I don't think we'll have a ZUKIWORLD Challenge race but I'll be there racing against the other makes of trucks out there. If we get enough Suzuki nuts that want to do it on labor day, we'll have our own race but if not, get ready for next year! :)

We'll definitely have more of a schedule for next year.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: PR: ZUKIWORLD Challenge - comment and discussion thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 06:50:44 AM »
Just following it in the thread leading up to the race got me fired up about it. I can even think about starting a project right now but have been looking for a vehicle  :P I'm still thinking a cross country ride (in the race vehicle), race it and try to drive it home.... but should probably haul seeing only one of you finished lats time  :o

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »
It was a blast to be out there and watch everyone going for it.  Not sure if we will be able to get a vehicle out there for the next time, but at the very least we will bring a Suzuki with us to watch.  If nothing else then Eric can borrow the computer.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:48:12 PM »
Where is the in car camera video feed? That was so much fun, I would suggest to those who are thinking about racing to get started quick. There's a whole lot of stuff we forgot in our haste.

Kevin
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »
Where is the in car camera video feed? That was so much fun, I would suggest to those who are thinking about racing to get started quick. There's a whole lot of stuff we forgot in our haste.

Kevin

No doubt! I was supposed to have an incar camera too! But that didn't happen... You guys going to make it up for labor day? ;)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
We shall have in car this race. Hutch scared me with all the talk of dust.

Offline 4Zstracker

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
I would really love to get a truck ready to race. I think it would be tons of fun.

But I was wondering what class was used to determine safety rules and all that. And where would I be able to find a copy of the official rules?
if ya always do what ya always done, you always gonna get what ya always got...

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 08:31:25 AM »
I would really love to get a truck ready to race. I think it would be tons of fun.

But I was wondering what class was used to determine safety rules and all that. And where would I be able to find a copy of the official rules?

Head over to the section of this forum that is labeled ZUKIWORLD Challenge. There are two threads in there one deals with the Safety spec and another deals with the Class spec.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »
2 Dog Inc had a camera setup in his rig, and it was supposedly running when he took the tumble.  He should be able to put some information on-line.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline jason hutchison

• ZUKIWORLD Staff
    • ZUKIWORLD Online
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »

Kevin

I have it but it's one enormously big file. And well a bit boring to some extend.. I have to figure out how to edit it. Can we post video to the BBS yet? I have a couple good videos I took of other racers.

hutch

Offline fuzzy1

• It's not about hair, it's about the logic
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »

Kevin

I have it but it's one enormously big file. And well a bit boring to some extend.. I have to figure out how to edit it. Can we post video to the BBS yet? I have a couple good videos I took of other racers.

hutch

Post it on youtube or the like & give us a link!!  ;D
'97 Sidekick Sport 1" spacer lift 225/75R16 Cooper AT's. Pioneer Sound, 14" Grant Steering Wheel.Otherwise mostly stock
'96 Tracker 1.6l 16v 3spd Auto 4x4 85k - 1 1/2" OME Lift BFG 235/75 AT's on Ion Alloy 15x7's - Pioneer Sound - Custom Installed Hydraulic Drivers Seat (Sold)

Non Illegitimi Conterat

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »
Hutch I would be happy to edit it for ya. Maybe we can work out some FTP or something? I have a little bit of good video on my end also.