Hello Guest

Team ZWO - ZUKIWORLD ORDER - Salem, OR

• 73 Replies

Re: Team ZWO - ZUKIWORLD ORDER - Salem, OR
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »
Not totally intentionally.  I jacked out the frame until the bolt holes lined up for the engine mount, then Luke welded in the bar while I was at work.  Its hard to tell what all was distorted.  It will work fine though. 

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
The Geo symbol is crooked.  You need to get on that.

:D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
Well things were going pretty well.  My trailer was organized and packed.  Trailer hooked to the truck.  Race car was clean and running good.  I had enough free time to play with a few things. 
The steering hasnt been strong since the reservoir broke in a previous race and ran dry for a long time.  I decided to change out the pump.  To do that I had to remove the oil filter.  "Why not change the oil" I thought.  So I did.  With the old pump off I found that the steering pump bracket only had one of three bolts in it.  I scavenged some bolts off of a parts engine and installed them then put the whole thing back together.  I fire the engine up and test the steering.  Much better.  Check for leaks and find that my engine has suddenly started leaking profuse amounts of oil.  Somehow the work I did disturbed the oil pump gasket at a pressure galley thats very near the edge where the steering pump bracket mounts up.  I thought maybe the pump had cracked but I have it all apart and there doesnt appear to be anything amiss other than a deteriorated gasket.

Two days until I leave for the race and here is how it looks.

Offline Soupy

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »
You know,your getting to these things a little early. Maybe you could put it all back together in the trailer Friday night before the race... then you would have the benifit of the stress of a real deadline :)  After you put some of those parts back on I'm sure it'll run better. :)

BTW... I haven't brought it up in a while. Should do a Seafoam tuneup before the race. Why? Because I use Seafoam to fix everything :)

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
The Zukiworld Order race car will live to race another day.  I found that a bolt was missing that held the oil pump onto the block.  This had allowed a small leak and subsequent deterioration of the gasket.  The oil pump is back in and the car is running good.  I couldnt go for a test drive since I dont have any lights.  Hopefully that will go good tomorrow. 
I guess its a good thing I found out now, rather than at a race.  This car has been full of missing bolts.  The more I look at it the more I find.  I think there must have been a previous owner that had no business being under the hood of his car.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »
The joys of other peoples work.  :)
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 07:13:52 AM »
This car has been full of missing bolts.  The more I look at it the more I find.  I think there must have been a previous owner that had no business being under the hood of his car.

Each part that leaves is weakness leaving the system. Lighter, faster, less parts left to fail... this makes a statistically better vehicle, right? It's all by design.

:)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline tdrrally

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
how's going now?

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »
Cool to see someone from close to my neck of the woods I'm just over the river in independence Or.

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »
Just got back.  The engine ran like greased lightning all weekend.  1st place in five of six moto's.  The first race was a DNF.  My fuel hose flipped up on top of the foam in the fuel cell when I landed off a jump and I lost fuel pressure.  With some help from a track official it was missdiagnosed as a lack of spark so I towed it off the track.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2011, 11:40:16 AM »
The suspension looked a lot nicer then mine as well, again.  :)

We'll be right with you next year!
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »
Good! I am ready for some good competition.  Watching your in-car video made me wish for more door to door action.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
I'll get the other two moto's on-line later today.  :)
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
I got good video as well.  I will try to get the time to trim it and then upload it in the next few days.