• Zuki Trail Run: May 29, 2010 - May 30, 2010

2010 Alberta Zuki Trial Run

• 15 Replies

Offline Curtis

• Curtis- willing to travel to trail ride with Zuk's
2010 Alberta Zuki Trial Run
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:02:28 AM »
Hi Guy's

We"re gearing up for our spring Zuki trail run in the Alberta Rocky Mountains on the weekend of May 29 & 30.  We meet on Friday evening where the pavement ends on hi-way 752 west of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.  

Anyone with a Suzuki is welcome to join us.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:09:34 AM by ebewley »

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: 2010 Alberta Zuki Trial Run
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:08:52 AM »
Hi Guy's

We"re gearing up for our spring Zuki trail run in the Alberta Rocky Mountains on the weekend of May 29 & 30.  We meet on Friday evening where the pavement ends on hi-way 752 west of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. 

Anyone with a Suzuki is welcome to join us.

Very cool... Thanks for putting out the invite!

Do you have any pictures of previous gatherings?

Description of what people may see / need to attend?

Thanks, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline muskegtracker

• Mr T
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
Woot!  Looking forward to this!  Thanks for posting it Curtis!
Here are some pics from last year:

Sorry not many pics of actual wheelin'.  Most of the time I had my hands on the steering wheel not on the camera ;)

There's a short video too...

Zookmeld 2009

Here's another of the October fall run we did:

Zookmeld 09

The area is great.  Lots of varying terrain from bottomless mud (muskeg), to rocky trails, water crossings, hills, etc.  Beautiful views too.  Last year was the first time I was out wheeling in that area, and I loved it!  Just a bunch of good guys with common interests out having fun wheeling Suzuki's (or the GM counterparts).

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out my new setup!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:30:07 AM by muskegtracker »
91 Chevy Tracker
2.7L V6, Coil-over Suspension, ARB, and other goodies...
My build - http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=25353.0

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
im so in. hoping to get it lifted soon. moneys been tight so far this year. wish i could get some meatier tires.
1990 Suzuki sidekick 2Dr Conv.
385,000 km and still going strong.
31" kumhos 3inchs of lift.

Offline muskegtracker

• Mr T
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »
im so in. hoping to get it lifted soon. moneys been tight so far this year. wish i could get some meatier tires.

Hey, do you know what forum all the other guys are frequently on?  Like Duke, and the rest?  I've been on Rigid, but haven't seen them o'r there.
91 Chevy Tracker

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:40 PM »

Hey, do you know what forum all the other guys are frequently on?  Like Duke, and the rest?  I've been on Rigid, but haven't seen them o'r there.

Invite them over here! We've always got room for more.... :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 06:25:05 AM »
dont know if you know but 4wheeler is back up again, ive seen both duke and zukifreek on their, but thats it. rigid is still where everyone else is from 4wheeler now though.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun.  How much snow do you have in that area this time of year?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 07:17:54 PM »
not much till you get higher up (which is hard in the prairies...)
random dumps of snow happen even in june. our may run is nice and muddy, the winter run has some snow (couple inches) and those lovely mud holes get JUST enough ice on them to let you get halfway across before they break and you sink right in.

Offline Jordan

• Chrome don't get ya home, but it sure looks nice!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
Hey I'm only an hour or so away from there, when in October are you having the fall run and and what kind of lift/tires ext would be needed for those trails, and is it a one or two day thing.

Thanks.

Jordan
82 SJ410: 5" lift (spoa), home made cross over steering, bestop, custom rust lots of it,33"tsl, 6.5:1's. To install: Toyota diffs being built. To build: roll cage, traction bar, bumpers.

89 sidekick: lift 2"suspension 3"body, 31's, aluminum rims, warn hubs, (4) lights on roof, turbocharger.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
Hey I'm only an hour or so away from there, when in October are you having the fall run and and what kind of lift/tires ext would be needed for those trails, and is it a one or two day thing.

Thanks.

Jordan

by the looks of it muskegtracker did these trails with his 235s on his kick. correct me if im wrong guys. but i am also wondering when in october is this run??????????? from manitoba so maybe will take a little drive down there for a weekend of wheelin with fellow zukers!!!

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:44 PM »
he is on 235 kumho m/t's i ran both of those runs on 235 a/t's although the summer run i wasnt on the hard trails with them.
i needed some mud terrains to keep up a bit better, last trip i had 31" m/t's and it made it was easier to keep up. i was holding the group back at times because of limited skill/truck, but the guys were willing to adapt to a smaller truck tagging along.

im at a hard point in time with my truck as i daily drive it so a locker isnt something i can do to it, nor can i throw a bunch of money at it.

Offline muskegtracker

• Mr T
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »
Hey you other interested folks in Zuk Meld.  It's really too bad, but there wasn't a fall run this year.  We had two poor weather runs (Fall 2009 and Spring 2010).  Wet and cold.  So I think a lot of the guys were less interested in trying to have a second in the fall.  I'm really hoping we can still have one in the spring.  It's usually last weekend in May.  We haven't gone on May-long because some of the guys, with wisdom, want to avoid the crowds and craziness.  Hope to see you at ZM 2011!
91 Chevy Tracker

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
after moving back out to bc and pulling my truck off the road to fix it up for its OOP, im hoping to get it back on the road for spring and hopefully drive it out for zukimeld... its only 12 hours driving... might want to get a truck and trailer to make the run this time...

how is everyone for letting a pure toyota come out? (not much more toyota then Jays truck...) buddy has a 06 taco and we have been bugging him to come out with us (plus he can pull the trailer...) to make it fit in we should throw a suzuki symbol on the grille!

Offline muskegtracker

• Mr T
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:15:48 PM »
after moving back out to bc and pulling my truck off the road to fix it up for its OOP, im hoping to get it back on the road for spring and hopefully drive it out for zukimeld... its only 12 hours driving... might want to get a truck and trailer to make the run this time...

how is everyone for letting a pure toyota come out? (not much more toyota then Jays truck...) buddy has a 06 taco and we have been bugging him to come out with us (plus he can pull the trailer...) to make it fit in we should throw a suzuki symbol on the grille!

It'd doesn't bother ME if he comes...I can't speak for the others though.  I don't see it being a problem.  Had a Jeep there in May.
91 Chevy Tracker