Hello Guest

Camo Vinyl Wrap for Zuki

• 30 Replies

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
Re: Camo Vinyl Wrap for Zuki
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »
There's a 95 Tracker on one of the new car dealer lots here in town.  It was blue when they got it in but they have camo wrapped it since.  Looked good from a distance (except for the bright blue calmini parts clashing) and I think it would look good if done properly.  But I don't know why they even bothered to have it done in this case since they did such a poor job.  You can still see blue in a lot of spots between where they pieced it together, around the fender flares, etc.  They didn't even cover the headers above the windows so if you opened up the soft top its all blue up there!!  I'll try to get some pics this weekend anyway.
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 11:39:21 AM »
Finally got some pics, though wish I had gotten some of the top & doors open.

Offline square

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 08:44:30 AM »
I like that mossy oak camo pattern. I am either going that route, or the digital military camo....

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think those rubber fender flares look ridiculous on that thing. It doesn't really need them and would look much better without them. BTW, what were they asking for it?
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 09:21:34 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think those rubber fender flares look ridiculous on that thing. It doesn't really need them and would look much better without them. BTW, what were they asking for it?
Agreed, they're wayyy too big for those tires, they're on stock rims they don't stick out a lick.  I put 1.75" flares on mine and they look great over the 15x7 3.75" BS rims, just enough to cover. 
Anyways, I put up a post awhile back about camouflage and got a lot of flak from some certain fellow members that it was stupid, would look ugly, etc. etc. etc. as a stripe along the bottom.  I've decided to take Eric's suggestion (thanks eric!) and do an urban-camo theme since the car is white.  Powersportswraps.com sells several urban-camo themes, even an urban digital set, but their sheets are smaller than camoclad's sheets.  Camo4u.com is a camoclad distributor, and they also own morningwood4u.com...I'm going to do that urban camo as soon as I got time for it ;) check it out...
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »

I agree on the flares.  They were askng $12,000 or so originally!!!  95 auto w 54K miles, calmini lift, calmini front bumper & Smittybuilt 8K winch, 29" TSLs.  All stock gears.  Body & interior were good but everything was eat up with rust underneath.  Kinda sad.  The salesman swore up & down they had $3000 in the front bumper alone!!!  They had it camo wrapped and sold it.  The buyer pulled all the wrap off of it then traded it back two weeks later on a newer vehicle!  I think they were down to $8000 then.

Offline square

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 08:53:32 PM »
We just did a camo wrap - will try to post some pics....

Offline square

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:10 AM »
I would loose the fender flares - then it would look really TIGHT....

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
I have done and seen several wraps on regular cars and it takes a little experience to look good. That picture of the wrapped blue kick you can see the puckers and incorrect trimming, a half assed first time attempt(and if it wasnt there first attempt, they just need to take a cyanide pill and make life easier for everyone else)
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »

I was just thinking, they need to put some wheel spacers on it to fill those fenders out.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline square

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 01:05:35 PM »
Has anyone done a full camo wrap like this www.camo4u.com on their ride? If so, how hard was it. How long did it take?

The zuki camo wraps are holding up great !!!

Offline square

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
Getting a new wrap from www.camoskinz.com next week. Gonna do pink muddy girl for the mrs....

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 02:26:25 PM »
Getting a new wrap from www.camoskinz.com next week. Gonna do pink muddy girl for the mrs....

Did you ever get the new wrap installed?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Phase change

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »
I did the hood on mine.  It was pretty hard.  Forget doing it in cooler seasons, only summer will suffice.  I dunno how the pro shops do the fancy cars.  The little details would be really hard. 
2003 Suzuki tracker 4d 5sp 2.0 “piglet”
Deleted air 4wd system, Manual hubs, 2” lift, 235/75,

Old ride: 1997 X90 “jellybean” best lil car I’ve ever had

Offline square

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2018, 12:02:18 PM »
I did the hood on mine.  It was pretty hard.  Forget doing it in cooler seasons, only summer will suffice.  I dunno how the pro shops do the fancy cars.  The little details would be really hard. 
I didn't notice a car in the photo...