Hello Guest

Inexpensive Camber Bolts

• 0 Replies

Offline WillyO

Inexpensive Camber Bolts
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:16:54 PM »
If you've lifted your IFS '89-'98 TracKick 2" or more, your camber will be out of spec (wheels will be like this \-/). The problem is the OEM struts are not slotted, so adjusting them back into position requires you to either elongate the upper hole, creating a slot to adjust the camber with, or replace the upper camber bolt with one that has an offset lobe on the shaft.

Horsepower Freaks has the "Specialty Products EZ Cam XR Camber Bolts" for the TracKick and their prices are BY FAR the cheapest I've found on the net. Including shipping to my door via UPS, I paid a paltry $31.75 USD for a complete kit (each kit includes 2 bolts to align the camber on both front corners).

And despite what you may have heard to the contrary, you need only replace the upper camber bolts. These offset lobe bolts have an alignment deflection of +/-1.75 degrees. Anything past that would require a redesign of the OEM IFS assembly.

So... if you want/need these camber bolts, here's the link.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/suzuki/Sidekick/Suspension/Camber_Bolts
'96 Geo Tracker 2D 4x4
1.6L 16v I4
5sp manual
5:12

Mods:
2" body lift (TJ Kit)
1.5" Front Suspension Lift, 2" Rear Suspension Lift (Low Range Offroad)
Specialty Products EZ Cam XR +/-1.75 Camber Bolts (HorsePower Freaks)
Thumb Throttle (Homemade)
16x6.5 Steel Wheels ('00 Grand Vitara)
Goodyear Wrangler LT245x75Rx16" M+S