Hello Guest

Project * DezKick * Zukiworld Challenge Desert Racer

• 41 Replies

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
Re: Project * DezKick * Zukiworld Challenge Desert Racer
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »
Have fun with the wiring. Took me a few hours to figure everything out. Ack's Faq has a wiring diagram for a 96.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »

Ha Ha! Told you it looked fun!!!  I got to pop your Zukiworld Cherry, got your first post... LOL...

I'm gonna tear into my wiring harness next so I will better understand it. 

Then it's time to get some seats and seatbelts ordered and build a cage!!!!!  ;D

I would suggest that you understand it before you tear into it. ???

On Drone637's Project: Trouble http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/build-diaries-how-to-diy/project-trouble/30/
is a description on how we built his roll cage.  It may help.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 10:07:57 PM »
dare to be different....get a 4 door, thats what I am going to race if I get that far! ;D

Don't look to hard, prospective race cars are just waiting to be found.  Then you can spend your time working on them instead of working on YOUR build.  They are such time HOG'S.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. I'm sure my cage will closely resemble the others on here.  I just want to get all my bases covered when it comes to the basics, then I can get creative with the suspension  ;D

My goal with the wiring, is to make a simple control panel of all the necessary functions using marine grade switches.  This will never be my only project and my shop is only so big..... This thing is gonna have to sit outside from time to time without any glass... I'll cover it, but blue tarps only keep so much moisture out of things.... 

My son and I drove the little racer around after it was all gutted out, sitting on a block of wood with no seatbelt was fun, LOL..  definately need to add some weight to the rear tires, no traction will all that 16valve power!!!! ;)

Offline kreator

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
hey if you get the front windshield out in one piece I will take  it off of your hands also the drivers door window regulator.
BOB | www.KreationFab.com | 503-689-1377

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
hey if you get the front windshield out in one piece I will take  it off of your hands also the drivers door window regulator.

Are you local??  If so, come on by and remove it yourself for free, all I ask is that you take all the black goo off my window frame too  :)  Sorry, the window regulator was toast.....

I ordered Seats and seatbelts today! Gonna have to wait a week or two to order the fuel cell...  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:11:26 PM by MrBracket »

Offline kreator

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
I AM IN SALEM, WHERE ARE YOU AT?

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
I AM IN SALEM, WHERE ARE YOU AT?
I'm in springfield, south of you about 45mins... sending you a pm.

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »
Didn't get much done this last weekend... It was so damn cold!! I really need to insulate my shop so I can run a heater.... 

Got the dash tore out...

And the wiring harness all out...

I'm gonna move the battery to the rear of the vehicle as well as make a box to house the computer and all fuses.  I want to have everything in one place to make trouble shooting easier on the fly. 

My Seats arrived too  ;D

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
I'm a big boy, so you'll notice the seat on the right is a wide version... Co-pilot is gonna have to be a lightweight, so they get a skinny seat.. LOL...  ;)

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »
Nice seats...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Jluck

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »
x2 on the seats.....in my younger years I had small buckets in my pick-up. it was my motto if you can fit in 'em you dont ride in 'em. (pissed off a few ladies) ;)

build is looking good.
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
Got very little done this weekend, between family events and my sons basketball games.... yada yada yada, excuses excuses, I know... lol..

Laid out the wiring harness..

And started trimming it down..

Got the Airbag wiring out, that was easy. Removed the Daytime Running Light circuit trimmed out as well.  Still have some work to do on it.....  I'm learning as I go, and I really enjoy that!!  I prefer doing things myself when I can, If I was at all trying to make a profit at this, it would be way cheaper to buy a harness... But this is a hobby for me  ;D

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
Finally spent some more time on the DezKick project!!  ;D

Here is a shot of the finished wiring harness and the PILE of crap removed from it!!

Here is a shot of the control box. The computer and all fuses and relays are in this plastic battery box.  Should be nice to have it all in one place should something go wrong during a race.  I plan to mount it such that I can reach it while in the drivers seat.

Offline kreator

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 01:53:27 PM »
Nice job on the wiring, buy doing it your self you know there was no short cuts. I am going to cut my windshield out this week and see if I think I can get the windshield out of yours in one piece I did my daughters this week.