Hello Guest

Project * DezKick * Zukiworld Challenge Desert Racer

• 41 Replies

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
Re: Project * DezKick * Zukiworld Challenge Desert Racer
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 06:59:58 PM »
Fyi, after last year my cluster only had 1 working guage. Nice job on the wiring.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »
nice use of the battery box. are you going to dust proof it any?
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline Soupy

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »
Are you going to put the dash back in? If not,I'd like to see if it will fit in my 95 sidekick 4 door.

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »
Thanks guys, it was a lot of work, me eyes went crossed a few times reading the schematics... LOL..

MX5Man, I will usee the dash, it is required by the rules. I just gutted everything out of it.

Jluck, I haven't thought of dust proofing it. Got any ideas on doing that???

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 08:01:28 PM »
It's looking doubtful that I'll get to finish the DezKick project. at least not this year...  :(  I got laid off from my job a few weeks ago.. I have found another one, but I took a huge cut in pay... I can't wait for this economy to recover!!  Argggh!

Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll just sit on the project for a while or try and sell it...  Gonna re-think all my projects....... I'll keep you posted... 

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35:09 AM »
Awww crap. I am really sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to another car on the track. I am glad you found another job so quick. I have been lucky so far to work in the construction trade and not lose my job yet.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »
That's a shame, it looked like a good start to the build as well.  Next year though right?  For the Oregon track at least.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Jluck

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »
I might be able to help a little bit with stock parts. if you need any "HD" four door parts let me know.
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline prerunnerinidaho

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »
That sucks but at least you got back to work quick. Unlike my 9 month ride on the couch. My build is on hold due to the Sammy being used as work rig 150 miles a day round trip.

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »
Hey guys! Been forever since I've posted on here....  couple jobs later and no money for this project... I've started my own business building trailers and hitch carriers for dirt bikes, check out my website at www.moto-mule.com if you get a chance. 

Anywhooo, I'm going to be moving in May to a smaller place, trying to downsize and get ahead.  I really don't have the money to finish the DezKick in the near future.  I'd love to build and race in the Zukiworld challenge but it's just not in the cards for me right now.  So, I am regretfully offering the DezKick for sale for $1500 OBO.  I'd love to see someone finish this thing and have a ball racing it! Ok, honestly I'd be a bit jealous, but much better than just parting it out.

Here are some pics of it as it sits now.  Basically it's just a gutted out 1997 Geo Tracker with a 138,000 mile 16valve engine, power steering, and very new 235/75-15 tires.  If you look at the previous posts, you'll see I simplified the wiring harness and put all the fuses, relays, and the computer in a battery box.  I also started making flared front fenders for it.  My plan was to build a long travel front suspension that was wider than stock.  Obviously none of that got done, the fenders can easily be removed and replaced with stock ones.  They could also be finished, but be prepared for a lot of fiberglass and bondo work!

It has been sitting for over a year, but it has been kept indoors and still fires right up and drives.

Offline MrBracket

• moto-mule.com
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
Here are more pics:

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »
It's a shame you won't be out running with us this year.  The battery box setup looks good though!
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing